Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"In Uniform"

Marq

Familiar Face
Viola said:
Is there some sort of wacky issue of scale in the photo between you and that other guy or are you in fact Godzilla? The people have a right to know! lol

-Viola
Personally it looks like some kinky latex club lol...............Paul

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
OK, here's a few from my career

ABTomYeager.jpg

Airman Basic, 1980

TomwithTIPIcroppedDesertShield90.jpg

Technical Sergeant, Operation DESERT SHIELD, Al Dhafra Air Base, UAE 1990

SMSgtPromotion1Apr03.jpg

Promotion to Senior Master Sergeant, 1 Apr 03, Prince Sultan Air Base, Saudi Arabia, Operation IRAQI FREEDOM

Tomwithwarningsign.jpg

Prince Sultan Air Base Combined Air Operations Center entrance Sign, OIF May 2003

cableoutagain.jpg

Cable's out again!?! Man, that sucks!!! Al Jaber Air Base, Kuwait, March 2004
(Reenacting punchline from cartoon to send to stepson who was a 1Lt in the Army National Guard deployed in Iraq.)

Renewalofvows.jpg

My wife and I renewing our vows immediately following my retirement ceremony, Shaw AFB, SC, Jun 2005.

I've got more, but that's enough to inflict on you!

Cheers,
Tom

Harp

I'll Lock Up
WH1 said:
Things have changed, when I first came in oh so many years ago we were lucky to fire 1000 rounds a year. Last year I put a little over 15,000 5.56 rounds down range. The new CQB courses are a big improvement over the old KD courses.

Did they ever name a range for Sgt Carlos Hathcock?

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
carebear said:
That's Gunnery Sergeant

We had a Gunnery Sergeant deployed with us during Operation DESERT SHIELD. Nice guy, but he got into an argument with a Tech Sergeant. Finally the Gunny said to "Step outside-we'll settle this right now!" You should have seen the look on his face when everyone around him burst out laughing and the Tech Sergeant (also laughing) told him "Gunny, we don't do that crap in the Air Force."

After a bit he started laughing, too, at the sillyness of it all.

Cheers,
Tom

Jovan

Suspended
The Captain said:
I'm sure that some of you fine folks have been in the service of our country. I thought that it would be nice to see you "in uniform" (no re-enactments, please). I'll start the ball rolling with this one of me at Camp Pendleton, California, back in '57. For you gun enthusiasts, the weapon is a BAR (Browning Automatic Rifle). Heavy as hell, but I loved the firepower!
The BAR was still in use in '57? 'Course, the next ARs (M16 and M60) after it weren't much of an improvement. :mad:

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jovan said:
The BAR was still in use in '57? 'Course, the next ARs (M16 and M60) after it weren't much of an improvement. :mad:

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Of course the government version is "fix it until it breaks"... :D

Jovan

Suspended
Oh, definitely. The BAR was still a good weapon despite its capacity and weight problems. But, the continued use of the AR15 system still astounds me. Especially how every other company has made it up to par except for Colt.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
carebear said:
That's Gunnery Sergeant Hathcock (in the Marines we take the nuances seriously) and, to my knowledge, no, they haven't.

...the Navy should name a ship after Hathcock; man was outstanding.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Doing the 'fan dance..'

I'm clearing some stuff out and came across this one that's been buried for years.
Early 80's, having just gone up-and-down Pen-y-fan, one of the peaks in South Wales. I still remember the 'pain' of my bad choice of footwear (what a numptie!), not that there was much 'choice' then in Gucci military boots[huh] (pre-Falklands).

BRECON-1.jpg

DELTA0321

New in Town
True hero

GySgt Carlos Hathcock
Eastern Division Matches, Camp Lejeune 1990

I'm 2d from the right, just a "few" pounds lighter than now.
v/r
Steve

Carlos.jpg

warbird

One Too Many
I had the honor of meeting him when I lived in Virginia and attended a silver star ceremony. A man of guts and honor, a true hero.

The FL's own RBH is his nephew I believe.

warbird

One Too Many
Jovan said:

Yeah the M-16 AR-15 really sucked. They continue to suck after all these years. They suck so much they're ten times better at sucking than they were back then even. They suck so much even that there are dozens and dozen of manufacturers making that sucky weapon. :rolleyes:

When was the last time you shot an AR15 or M16?

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
Ok, I don't have any good ones of me in my uniform doing anything "macho," but I do have two of me playing with my son. I'm going to try to post again, so wish me luck! I hope they won't be too small. If so, at least I'll know to use a larger size image next time! :)

Josephine

One Too Many
Here's a picture of my dad in his flightsuit. Can't really see much of it though. :D I have a "studio" picture of him in his uniform, though we don't have a scanner. Maybe I can take a pic of it and post that.

Dad.jpg

Aviator

Familiar Face
Josephine said:
Here's a picture of my dad in his flightsuit. Can't really see much of it though. :D I have a "studio" picture of him in his uniform, though we don't have a scanner. Maybe I can take a pic of it and post that.

Dad.jpg
What did your dad fly, and who for?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou