Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inaugural wears 2009

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
The gloves were a problem, but at least she's improved on her overall look since this disaster - which wouldn't flatter any figure. It looks like she's wearing a crushed red velvet dress, but being held prisoner by some evil shadow.
610x.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Lenah said:
Bwahahahaaaaa - I couldn't stop seeing Aretha's hat. Her stylist should be fired. That was way bad.

:eek:fftopic:

Aretha can do what she wants. She is the Queen of Soul! :eusa_clap

Ok, back to topic. :)

Baron Kern

New in Town
People may find the following articles interesting. Apparently on the day of President Obama's inauguration he was wearing bullet proof clothing. Not a bullet proof vest but the clothing themselves were bullet proof.

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2009/01/president-oba-1.html

with video in action (not on the president :p):
http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/21/...oof-suit-for-inaugural-proceedings/#continued

Personally I dont really like the way the new president dresses. He sounds great...now if only he could be more stylish.

Lenah

New in Town
HadleyH said:
Aretha can do what she wants. She is the Queen of Soul! :eusa_clap

Tomasso said:
Yeah, how 'bout a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

Sorry - if my previous comment sounded too harsh :D It's still true. Like LD said, that hat :eek: belongs locked in a box, or as someone else mentioned, on a Lexus during their Christmas presentation - especially since she is the Queen of Soul! Her presentation was awe inspiring, as always.
Reminder:
Picture8.png

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
David V said:
Lady Day, You say that like it's a good thing! :)

*edit*
I think it IS a good thing.
The US is notorious when it comes to responding to youthful, attractive, powerful people. Its the reason why so many want to know what part of the world Brangelina is in, or why Bono is such an effective world crusader.

So we get a current First Family who posses these traits along with others that many hope will make them effective in the role, and its looked down on as 'celebrity, and 'Hollywood'?

Regan was a hollywood actor, and people didnt use that to his detriment when it came to his style. I find the hypocrisy of that laughable.

610x.jpg

I had no problem with this dress. I liked this one over the ball gown from Last night. I think people were put off because the gown is sleeveless, and shes wearing a sweater over top.

LD

Max Flash

One of the Regulars
Lefty said:

:eek:fftopic: , but it is just SO hard to come to terms with the fact that this look is considered acceptable. To see even one person wearing it looks ridiculous but if I walked into a room and saw two people like this wearing these obnoxious suits, I wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry. Men should be too ashamed to dress like this.

Rant over!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Lady Day said:
Regan was a hollywood actor, and people didnt use that to his detriment when it came to his style. I find the hypocrisy of that laughable.
There's a difference between Regan's Hollywood and today's Hollywood; The former had style, the latter doesn't. Describing somebody as Hollywood used to be a compliment, now it's considered a pejorative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn