Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indianapolis Hat Shops?

MDphoto

One of the Regulars
I'm going to be visiting Indianapolis, this weekend and would like to visit a hat shop while I'm there if possible. I've done some searching online and all I could find is DadsHats. Since everything seems to be on backorder on their site, I'm figuring it may not be worth it to visit them.
Is there a hatter/hat shop in Indianapolis?

Gustav Halbach

New in Town
I have been to Dad's Hats. It's not in the best of neighborhoods...just off of 38th street and a high crime area. The owner of Dad's is a widowed woman whose English isn't the best. She is friendly and helpful but, her deceased husband was the one with the knowledge of hats.
I think most of her business is internet related. In her shop, she does have some hats but, they're just kind of "thrown" around. Frankly, I can't see why the shop has a brick and mortar presence at all.

Just my observations.
-G

MDphoto

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the input. I've noticed that Indianapolis is full of "Lids",but not exactly what I was looking for (I'm sure you fellow Loungers can relate).
That Stephan Morris Hats looks interesting though!
Well, I guess I'll try again when I travel to Cincinnati later in the year.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
There's a great shop up the road a piece........

hoosier-map.png

MDphoto

One of the Regulars
I will definitely check out Batsakes when I go up to Cincinnati in November. Thanks for the link!

Tomasso- that's a bit too far even though it is just up the road "a piece" lol. I'm ridng in a Jeep Wrangler for 7.5 hrs up to Indy. That's equivalent to getting punched in the kidneys for 2 hrs by Mike Tyson!

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I love Batsakes and was headed there this past Monday on my Harley but got turned back due to the horrible storms following I-70 from Terre Haute through Indy. Gus is a really good guy and you gotta get your shoes shined by the shoe doctor while you are there. I swear, the doctor has to make more money shining shoes than most of us do at our regular jobs-LOL!

DougC

Practically Family
I'm ridng in a Jeep Wrangler for 7.5 hrs up to Indy. That's equivalent to getting punched in the kidneys for 2 hrs by Mike Tyson!

I drove from San Antonio, Texas to Indy in a soft top and soft half door wrangler and two labs--18 hours! what is another 2? With that said--I was in South Bend last week and didn't make it to Optimo before I headed back--but, that was mostly becasue of the weather and traffic. Enjoy your trip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW