Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy hat post em up

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Yeah, as I remember it was after a big event ... maybe New Year's.

It's a great pic and a great hat. Looks like it was a great night, too.

I want one of each, though I can't handle the who-hit-john.

Sam

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Ever since my Royal Deluxe Stetson beater hat fell apart, I'd been thinking of getting a tougher replacement to be my outdoor, hiking, but still stylish hat.

I seriously thought about the Fed IV and also the AB Henry (bit pricey for what I wanted though), knowing these were both good tough adventure hats.

Anyway, I came across a great deal from Garrision Hatters for a custom made, rabbit felt, Indy hat for just $175.00. I couldn't resist and placed an order.

Here's the result:

D329588-L.jpg

D329596-L.jpg

D329598-L.jpg

D329591-L.jpg

IMG2623-L.jpg

I have to say that for the price it can't be beat. Very nice soft felt (nicer to feel than my Campdraft) and the workmanship is fine. The offer is still going on I believe if anyone wants to take advantage. As will most Indy Hat makers, Mr Garrision has a version for all the movies and he also has a beaver one, if you want to spend more. (I'd get a Penman for the price of the Beaver version, myself).

DJH

I'll Lock Up
djd - cheers! I must confess to having never watched an Indiana Jones film, so I'll have to take your word for the Temple of Doom thingy :D

jlee - thanks; I think all my hats have pretty much this same crease. If I get a hat with any other its gets brought right back to open crown and then the center crease applied. I tried a bunch of options when I was first interested in hats, but this one just seems to work for me.

Of course, with an Indy hat I don't have to worry about changing anything!

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
djd - cheers! I must confess to having never watched an Indiana Jones film, so I'll have to take your word for the Temple of Doom thingy :D

jlee - thanks; I think all my hats have pretty much this same crease. If I get a hat with any other its gets brought right back to open crown and then the center crease applied. I tried a bunch of options when I was first interested in hats, but this one just seems to work for me.

Of course, with an Indy hat I don't have to worry about changing anything!

I have the same M.O. All my hats end up with a center dent and tight pinch.

Steve

Practically Family
The weather has finally cooled off a bit and I'm wearing my Adventurebilt again. I used to avoid wearing it in certain places to avoid the "hey Indy!" comments, but I've made it an integral part of my personal style now, and people accept it as me. It works well with my leather vest, and I've been wearing it on a lot of the video projects where I work as director and DP.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...4817324087_560619086_8282832_1668319785_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...3999259087_560619086_8274559_1168612048_n.jpg

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Indeed that is great looking AB. I've got one on order, but Mr. Delk has been understandably a bit slower in churning out hats since his nearly deadly bout with cancer.

amador

A-List Customer
I Posted this elsewhere. Akubra Adventurer, Bostonian Jacket, Craftsman shirt, lined Carhart jeans, Redwing Iron Rangers. Grand Tetons in the background.

6432253513_676479a895.jpg

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
western hemisphere. The original hat was made by mayser, but we cant sell it here, cause we do not own the rights.

The original hat was made by Herbert Johnson. See: www.indygear.com for more information. There are two makers for Indy hats in Europe that I know of, AdVintage Fedoras and of course Adventurebilt Europe. Steele & Jones is in South America, and there are any number of Indy hatters in the US; Adventurebilt USA, Penman, Garrison, to name the "big three."

ThatHatGuy

New in Town
The original hat was made by Herbert Johnson. See: www.indygear.com for more information. There are two makers for Indy hats in Europe that I know of, AdVintage Fedoras and of course Adventurebilt Europe. Steele & Jones is in South America, and there are any number of Indy hatters in the US; Adventurebilt USA, Penman, Garrison, to name the "big three."

Yes they made the movie copies, and ones for the movie, but the original hat was made by mayser, it was picked by Steven Spielberg out of a shop in England.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Yes they made the movie copies, and ones for the movie, but the original hat was made by mayser, it was picked by Steven Spielberg out of a shop in England.

The original Raiders of the Lost Ark hat was a Herbert Johnson Poet. This is on the authority of a Club Obi Wan member (the indygear.com forum) who knows Spielberg and has seen the original receipt for the hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran