Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy hat post em up

ThatHatGuy

New in Town
The original Raiders of the Lost Ark hat was a Herbert Johnson Poet. This is on the authority of a Club Obi Wan member (the indygear.com forum) who knows Spielberg and has seen the original receipt for the hat.

Ill have to read more up on it. thanks guys.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic picture and location!

6432253513_676479a895.jpg

ThatHatGuy

New in Town
I am a bit curious what info you were thinking of to place the original Indy hat as a Mayser, though. That might be very interesting.

Mayser makes copy of the indy hat, i was reading some place about it, that they made the first one, its been a while. I wouldnt be surprised, there one of the best hat makers out there.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I find it fascinating that the 'officially licensed' hats are so not screen accurate.
Why does it need to be? As long as it's Brown, has some sort of front pinch and crease that "looks like" Indy's and it says "Indiana Jones" somewhere on it, what more does a person need? Besides, these hat co's. paid big bucks for that "license" so it's gotta be correct :)

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I also find it interesting that the page for the current version of the HJ Poet suggests not wearing it in the rain or it is going to shrink.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
I find it fascinating that the 'officially licensed' hats are so not screen accurate.

You know, the last time I went to Disneyland and saw everyone walking around in their hats (and me in my Christy's Adventurer [which, despite its fragility, I still say makes a fine looking Indy hat]), I think I figured out why. The blockshape and proportions that DP uses for these look good on a wide variety of face shapes and people. It's a very versatile look. A while back I spotted a gentlemen in my hometown of Berkeley wearing a well worn but still sharp looking black fedora and sure enough, when I got a closer look, it had the IJ pin. It was a licensed Dorfman hat!

It does boggle the mind a bit that they didn't do something more accurate for the pricier fur felt version though. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran