Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Info/Opinions wanted:

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
Hey all,
I searched around, so I hope no one else has asked this.
I really want to own a copy of Murnau's Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans, but the only available copy I can find is part of this boxed set. Does anyone have this who could give me an idea on whether or not this print is worth buying, or should I wait for Criterion or Kino to get a hold of it? I already have All About Eve and Gentleman's Agreement, but I'd be willing to shell out for them again if the Sunrise was worth buying.
Thanks, guys...:)

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I can't give you an answer on that, but I saw the film the other day on TCM and was completely blown away. Maybe the TCM website might have info??? If you do get copy, let us know. I might be interested in owning a copy as well. Wonderful movie.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
A quick look at their schedule indicates that Turner Classic Movies is showing Sunrise again on April 6 (12:00am) - this looks like a job for a VCR or DVR!

I taped it from TCM myself a couple of years ago. What an outstanding, dreamlike, unique film...

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
Doctor Strange said:
A quick look at their schedule indicates that Turner Classic Movies is showing Sunrise again on April 6 (12:00am) - this looks like a job for a VCR or DVR!

I taped it from TCM myself a couple of years ago. What an outstanding, dreamlike, unique film...
I DVR'ed this the last time it was on, and I'm keeping it until I can find one to own. I'm thinking that I just may have to buy this one and see what happens. I'll post back when I do and let you know what it looks like. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart