Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Insane price for a repro Levis Type 2?

Well, it's worth what someone will pay. Me - I love denim jackets, but no way on gawd's green earth I'm spending even 1/2 of that on a denim jacket! But if that's your love, I understand completely. I've been told my spending is ridiculous too - so maybe others here know more about this piece. I love that it's a 52! Us bigger fellas don't get much in that range very often... Good luck!

D

Deleted member 16736

Well, it's worth what someone will pay. Me - I love denim jackets, but no way on gawd's green earth I'm spending even 1/2 of that on a denim jacket! But if that's your love, I understand completely. I've been told my spending is ridiculous too - so maybe others here know more about this piece. I love that it's a 52! Us bigger fellas don't get much in that range very often... Good luck!

LVC denim jackets run quite large. I have the 1935 one-pocket LVC repro from Aero and it's huge. I'm 6'2" 205 lbs and even after shrinking it in water, it's still blousey.

Yeah, that's running a bit rich. But I guess if there's a collector who has all the LVC stuff and might want a pre-LVC reproduction, said collector will pay the price.

LVC was pretty cheap stuff when it first came out, too. I think I paid only £50, brand new from the store, for my Type I jacket in 1999. Good luck with LVC prices now, though they do have some pretty steep sales at the Covent Garden store …

bk

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
I recently bought one of these pre-LVC type 2 jackets in a size large for £40, it's nice and dark so hardly worn or washed. They don't have the selvedge seam, large leather patch or the big E red tab but otherwise they are pretty spot on.
I did buy one when they first came out but sold it to a friend a year or two later.
The LVC ones don't fit me as I'm tall and they are boxy so these make a nice option but that price is way over what I'd say they're worth.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy