Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Insurrection Aero stock...

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Glad I measured my waist and got you the better size J-66! The Perfecto looks incredible on you...it's very cool that Schott has resurrected this late 1930s pattern!!! I don't know what other patterns they have laying around in that factory, but I'm definitely going to be asking...!!!

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
Thanks all. This is a slim cut style, and if I had eaten a big breakfast, it might not have fit. :) It will by necessity be a medium weight jacket. No room for layering.

By comparison, here are a couple of pics in my Aero Cowhide 50's Highwayman.
P1030613Medium.jpg
P1030612Medium.jpg

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I have to say that I'm coming to like the Highwayman more and more. When I first saw them, I thought they were too boxy, but get a slim cut, pull those cinch straps in and you've got a very cool jacket. *adds to lengthening list* Still have a radjacke as my 'next buy' though.

schitzo

Suspended
Damn Jags that is such a great colour! I am green with envy. In this member's opinion your new Schott totally puts that aero in the shade

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Insurrection Aero Cafe' Racers, black heavy FQHH, sizes 36 through 42, arrived today!!!

Insurrection Aero 1930s Slimfit Halfbelts, black heavy FQHH, sizes 38 through 42 now in stock!!!

WadeHalfbelt32.jpg

Coming soon: More Insurrection Aero Cafe' Racers in BOTH black and brown heavy FQHH, 1930s Slimfit halfbelts in BOTH black and brown heavy FQHH, Insurrection's Aero J106s galore, and replicas of these beauties--

Early1920sUtilityJacket1.jpg

AnotherBucoReplicaJacket.jpg

Californian11_zps071766bc.jpg

More Insurrection news--Insurrection has negotiated with Aero of Scotland to receive a solid, standard monthly allotment of Aero pieces to supply our hearty demand for the product. This means less waiting time for our customers and will hopefully allow us to keep Aero supplied and on our racks!!!

Further, Insurrection is the new dealer for BOTH Mister Freedom's engineer boots as well as John Lofgren & Co.'s Horween chrome-tanned engineer boots!!!

mrfreedomroadchampboots11.jpg

Lofgrenboots.jpg

On the website side of things, we're bringing back our vintage jackets gallery and our vintage boots gallery tabs to the website, as we've heard disappointment from both The States and abroad that we've hid that section of our site...just give us a few days... ;)

www.insurrectionvintage.com

Last edited:

Thunderball

One of the Regulars
I keep seeing the word slim in your posts. Let me know when you get something for pot bellies. I think we are in the majority! When I was slim, I didn't have the money for a jacket.

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
I keep seeing the word slim in your posts. Let me know when you get something for pot bellies. I think we are in the majority! When I was slim, I didn't have the money for a jacket.

While it is true that most of our jackets won't work for people who are not height / weight proportionate, just as vintage jackets won't work for people who are not height / weight proportionate, there are definitely some great jackets that we carry that work for our larger customers. In terms of halfbelts, the Schott Sunrise Halfbelt works great in size XL (~46) and size XXL (~48 to 50). Three other jackets that work well for our larger customers are the Vanson Model B (all sizes, but size up one), the Vanson Enfield (all sizes, but size up one), and and Schott CAF1 in sizes L, XL, and XXL. Of course, the full-fitting Aero jackets (1950s Halfbelt, Stuart, Highwayman, etc.) are a great option as well! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call the shop. We have a guaranteed-fit policy and we'll get you in something you'll absolutely love!!!

As people like Jag (please see above) can attest to, Insurrection never gives up and will find either the right size in the jacket style you want, or use the manufacturer with the fit you need to recreate the jacket of your dreams! We feel that each fit that we put out there is a direct reflection on the quality of our products and our merchandise, so we WON'T, simply WON'T, allow a customer to walk away without a quality jacket with an awesome fit...it just might not be with the manufacturer that you initially thought was the manufacturer for you!

Last edited:

767fo

One of the Regulars
Insurrection Aero Cafe' Racers, black heavy FQHH, sizes 36 through 42, arrived today!!!

Insurrection Aero 1930s Slimfit Halfbelts, black heavy FQHH, sizes 38 through 42 now in stock!!!

WadeHalfbelt32.jpg

Coming soon: More Insurrection Aero Cafe' Racers in BOTH black and brown heavy FQHH, 1930s Slimfit halfbelts in BOTH black and brown heavy FQHH, Insurrection's Aero J106s galore, and replicas of these beauties--

Early1920sUtilityJacket1.jpg

AnotherBucoReplicaJacket.jpg

Californian11_zps071766bc.jpg

More Insurrection news--Insurrection has negotiated with Aero of Scotland to receive a solid, standard monthly allotment of Aero pieces to supply our hearty demand for the product. This means less waiting time for our customers and will hopefully allow us to keep Aero supplied and on our racks!!!

Further, Insurrection is the new dealer for BOTH Mister Freedom's engineer boots as well as John Lofgren & Co.'s Horween chrome-tanned engineer boots!!!

mrfreedomroadchampboots11.jpg

Lofgrenboots.jpg

On the website side of things, we're bringing back our vintage jackets gallery and our vintage boots gallery tabs to the website, as we've heard disappointment from both The States and abroad that we've hid that section of our site...just give us a few days... ;)

The Mister Freedom boots are really nice. Have a pair and they are the best boots I could find. Congrats

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Any more info on the replicas of this jacket?

Aero has agreed to replicate these jackets (sweet 1920s replica pieces from our vintage collection to ensure fit!) for us using Brown Horween FQHH. We've had such an amazing relationship with Aero and I'm very, very excited for this great 1920s jacket to come our way!!!

Now that we've negotiated a monthly allotment of Aero jackets from Aero, we can also, beginning January 1, 2013, keep our wait times for custom pieces at four to eight weeks!

The Mister Freedom boots are really nice. Have a pair and they are the best boots I could find. Congrats

We're so excited to be working with both Christophe and John to bring our customers the VERY best in engineer boots! Thanks!!!

I was planning on calling this morning, but my 15 year old son showed up and drained my entire jacket fund! Oh well maybe later.

Definitely...give us a ring on our business cellular at 206.550.3545... You can find the number on our website as well--www.insurrectionvintage.com

Last edited:

Ishmael

Practically Family
Awesome to hear about the new Aero style! Please post some pics when you get them!

It must be near impossible to choose between the Road Champs and Lofgren boots!

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Awesome to hear about the new Aero style! Please post some pics when you get them!

It must be near impossible to choose between the Road Champs and Lofgren boots!

The 1920s jacket didn't arrive today, but a bunch of jackets for our shop and lucky customers did!!!

Here's a great cafe' racer, which utilizes the breast pocket structure of a 1960s Bates or early Schott cafe' racer... Very, very cool...!!!

Wade1-9.jpg

We liked the slanted pocket idea so much, we had to have some for stock...!!!

Wade2-7.jpg

And, of course, a beautiful J106 for one of our very best customers...!!!

Wade3-3.jpg

Jackets shipping off today along with a great early Highwayman that Ken sent along for us to show off...! SWEET!!!

Jackets1.jpg

Last edited:

767fo

One of the Regulars
Mojo, What hide is the Highwayman made with? Looks to have a lot more grain the the others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran