Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Insurrection Cafe Racer

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Hi gang,
did anyone get one of insurrections special run of Aero Cafe Racers. He was posting about them a while back but I dont see the jacket on their site and I have not seen a post from anyone that got one. Just curious.
My new coat itch has begun. Maybe I will turn this in to a two parter. I have the Lostworlds Suburban (awesome!) and Aero Ace cafe racer and now want another jacket. Torn between a Luftwaffa style or the Goodwear thinner style Callifornian (he is backed up and not taking orders) so the insurrection version looks similar. Of course there still is Langlitz...
Love my Horsehide but softer would be nice so yes...I am all over the place.
Any how hopefully someone will have a pic and that will push me over the edge.

Edit: I meant the Buco J-100 repro.

Cheers,
Dave O.

Last edited:

IXL

One Too Many
Hey, Dave. Bet you haven't been wearing those jackets much so far this year. Too hot! We've had more than 50 days of over 100°F temps, so of course I'm getting the itch for another jacket as well. How do you like the Aero Ace?
Oh, and I'm now the proud owner of a new 2011 XR1200X, so as you know, I definitely need a cafe racer style.

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Lol, hot as heck but it turns quickly. HH is nice but I want a softer hide and perfect fit. After spending the day thinking about it I am going to go the Langlitz route. Now I just cant decide between goat or cowhide.

Nice bike!!! I just sold the Deluxe and bought a 2012 Blackline. Should be out of the shop by Sept 10th.

IXL

One Too Many
I went to the dealership a couple of weeks ago hoping to see the Blackline, but alas, the one they had received lived there only ONE day. I love the round A/C cover. I recently put one on my Road King Classic; it's a long story, but it wound up costing about two-grand before it was all over!
I want to try the goat but several people have told me that they regretted purchasing that leather. They stated it starts to kind of shrivel/wrinkle funny. But they all three said that it did feel pretty good while wearing it. Maybe you should go first and then let me know.:D:D

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Darn thats the first negative I have heard on Goat. I dont like wrinkly : (

As for 2k on a bike mod I wont even begin to touch that given this...
2012 FXS Denim Blackline
255 SE Cams, V&H Big Radius Pipes, Super Tuner, RSD Venturi 5 Speed AC,Profile Low Rear Suspension, LED Headlight, Side Mount License Plate, Oil Cooler, SMT Machined Grips and Pegs and Black Floating Brake Rotors. Hog Pro Black magic "Indy" Wheels.

IXL

One Too Many
Darn thats the first negative I have heard on Goat. I dont like wrinkly : (

As for 2k on a bike mod I wont even begin to touch that given this...
2012 FXS Denim Blackline
255 SE Cams, V&H Big Radius Pipes, Super Tuner, RSD Venturi 5 Speed AC,Profile Low Rear Suspension, LED Headlight, Side Mount License Plate, Oil Cooler, SMT Machined Grips and Pegs and Black Floating Brake Rotors. Hog Pro Black magic "Indy" Wheels.

Man, I feel better already!!

HorseHide

One of the Regulars
Hi gang,
did anyone get one of insurrections special run of Aero Cafe Racers. He was posting about them a while back but I dont see the jacket on their site and I have not seen a post from anyone that got one. Just curious. Edit: I meant the Buco J-100 repro.

I too am curious about this jacket - Wade has gone "radio silent" on this (not sure if that means that he didn't get the jackets, that they weren't what he wanted or that he sold out the initial run). Anybody pick one up?

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
I too am curious about this jacket - Wade has gone "radio silent" on this (not sure if that means that he didn't get the jackets, that they weren't what he wanted or that he sold out the initial run). Anybody pick one up?

Hey guys...they came through too "full." We refunded everyone's money, but we're still trying to work with Aero to get these up and running...

dortiz

One of the Regulars
The biggest problem with cafe Racers is ones that kind of hang wide. Schott has this problem. Lets be honest. The body type and the measurements need to be right.

Edward

Bartender
:) Lots of folks buy biker gear as a fashion statement. Some wear it better than others, but I thought I'd ask, just in case...

It's a very fair point; I've been wearing bike jackets for over twenty years now and never owned a bike myself. When I got my first Perfecto-style jacket at fifteen, sure we referred to them as biker jackets, but we wanted 'em because Alice Cooper wore 'em, not for anything to do with bikes. Later it was DeeDee Ramone we wanted to emulate..... Course, nowadays for me it is a Brando jacket, but by this point in time as a design classic it has far outgrown its motorcycling roots. I do tend to think most 'modern' bike jacket designs look a bit ridiculous off a bike, but then that too is purely an aesthetic choice - if I loved them, I'd consider wearing one even though I don't ride. Never seemed to me to be a poseur thing (it's be different if I arrived at work carrying the helmet as well, but had gotten the bus there from home, or parked up half a mile from a bike show to change into leathers and arrive there carrying a helmet. Both things I've seen done...), but then I also, like a lot of folks, wear flying jackets and I've never so much as sat in the cockpit of a combat aircraft.

dortiz

One of the Regulars
And a great point since fashion folks seem to like a little baggier or longer jacket vs Bike use dictates tighter and usually shorter for comfort when sitting.

My son wears 'em too, and he doesn't ride yet. The only reason I asked is due to fit. Floppy jackets don't work when riding, unless it's just around town.
And I'm with you on Alice Cooper man. As kids, rockers dictated my wardrobe.
I surely don't pilot any B-24 or B-17's :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany