Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Insurrection Christmas Scores!

Faster

New in Town
Browsing about Insurrection this past Christmas was fruitful indeed. It was so much fun to be able to try on not only some great Aero and Vanson jackets, it was so cool to be able to actually try on 1950s through early 1980s Bates, Brimaco, Schott, and a ton of other vintage cafe' racers.

The vintage Brimaco jackets, at least the ones with the thicker hides, particularly caught my eye. I also loved all the motorcycle road racing pictures that adorn this incredible little shop. From what I can gather, it looks like Wade is really tearing up a storm in California on his bikes! So, I was just shopping, minding my own business...I've already dropped a ton of cash in the shop!...and a British Cycle Leathers jacket, a close cousin to Brimaco, caught my eye! They're spectacular, slim, and so, so nice. I'm always on the lookout for these, and Insurrection seems to be the only good place where I go to view and try stuff like this on a regular basis.

Currently, I have a custom Aero on order with Insurrection. Wade was so helpful, Sally as well...and I feel that I'm going to get the very best that Aero has to offer through Insurrection. What's so cool is that I actually got to try on the jacket I'm ordering custom so I could be sure of the size!

Brimaco1.jpg

Brimaco2.jpg

Brimaco3.jpg

Sally and I talked for quite some time and I told her about the cafe' racer project I was undertaking. Her eyes lit up and she told me to hold on a second. Like magic, she appeared from the back with an incredible helmet, all beat to hell and told me to take it...here's the kicker--FOR FREE! I guess Wade had found it in a abandoned building by the Thunderhill track and sent it up to Seattle for fun. She told me never to wear it on a bike, as it wasn't safe, but to use it as inspiration to paint my future helmet! She also gave me the names of some local helmet painters who have great painting skills and even airbrushing abilities...

BrimacoHelmet4.jpg

All considered, I just have to say that I love this shop! Great products, incredible service, and, all around, great people!

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hey buddy!

I remember the day I found that helmet. I was out at Thunderhill's graveyard in the old medical building and saw it in the corner under a bunch of old oil rags...LOL... The first thing that came to my mind was, "I wonder if someone died in that helmet?" Great helmet though. Just please don't ever use it for anything but household ornamentation!

California is truly great. We're into a lot of the performance gear down here (cowhide and kangaroo!) and the season is steadily approaching. I took the first motorcycle laps of 2012 a Thunderhill and that was a real honor!

Wade31.jpg

Glad someone's psyched on my find! We'll have that Aero to you in no time!

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I can't believe I haven't stepped foot in this shop yet, considering I live in the Seattle area. Guess its cause i'm on a flight jacket tip, r/t moto? Still, they look like they have crazy stock!! Like actually being able to try the jackets I buy off eBay before I purchase them (then realize the seller effed up the measurements :) )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy