Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interesting Take On B-3 Jacket

normanf

One of the Regulars
Wilson's Leather has produced an interesting take on the B-3 that looks like a motorbike jacket crossed with a B-3.

Yes, its leather even if the body and hood are faux shearling. Its different in design from a similar Wilson's B-3 (which was more traditional) I bought years ago to find reason for me to buy it.

I've never seen one like it.

pG01-7623557p275w.jpg

And the price was good with a 20% discount.

NowOrNever

Familiar Face
It reminds me more of a B-6, with front pockets from a denim styled jacket! Not sure how that hood would be practical? Probably soak up rain like a sponge! Is it detachable?

So did you purchase this jacket, or are you asking for opinions on it before you decide? Interesting find!

xt40

Familiar Face

normanf

One of the Regulars
Its actually leather.... yes the hood is detachable.

I purchased the jacket and I asked for views on it because its certainly original. A mix of different types of vintage design - and yeah, come to think of it, with those cuffs it could be a B-6.

That said, it may not be to every one's tastes.

Last edited:

normanf

One of the Regulars
Agreed. Its not a real B-3 design - its takes here and there from various vintage jackets.

I think some will love it and some will hate it and I wanted something different.

NowOrNever

Familiar Face
Well Normanf I don't dislike the jacket as you say it is a little unusual which makes it interesting. I'm glad that hood detaches, seems to make more sense having that option. Cool!

Edward

Bartender
In the photo it looks more liked waxed cotton than leather, but obviously, as you, say, that's not the case. It does look to me more like a Levis denim jacket design rendered in leather with the faux shearling collar and hood added than any flying jacket with which I am familiar. The hood I quite like as a design thing, but I can't imagine ever using it myself (I don't leave the house without a hat). It puts me in mind of some of the jackets Logan (wolverine) was depicted as wearing in the old X-Men comics, cartoons etc (not the recent films). I quite like it, even if it is a bit more 'modern' in look than would tend to find its way into my wardrobe.

normanf

One of the Regulars
I do appreciate something original. I don't want clothing to be too modern or too kitschy. When there is a good design, then I like to try it out.

Don't get me wrong - the original B-3 is a classic jacket and nothing will ever replace it but people may look something lighter and easier wearing than a B-3. When it gets very cold, there is no substitute for the real McCoy!

Still, have fun in clothing is a good thing - life is short and go ahead and mix it up even if it offends the purists.

xt40

Familiar Face
Hi norman
please dont be offended by this but i think you really should understand that it is nothing to do with purism. this jacket is simply NOT a b-3 or for that matter any other type of flight jacket either and shouldnt be compared to one. Im not saying it is better or worse than a b-3 as thats a matter of personal preference, its just a COMPLETELY different and uniquely designed jacket and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. The fact that the manufacturer claims it to be a development of the b-3 is just marketing bull and has nothing to do with reality.
regards.

JLStorm

Practically Family
Its a unique look...I dont like it at all with the hood, but it could be a good knock around jacket if you ditch the hood. You could probably find something you really like used on Ebay of better quality for the same price or less though. It may be real leather, but its probably not real good leather, which is perfectly fine if you only plan on wearing it for a few years.

normanf

One of the Regulars
I'm not offended. I just received the jacket today. The look of the leather is distressed and has a vintage denim appearance to it a lot of people will like and the detailing just fits the jacket. Zip off the hood and Marlon Brando could wear this on "The Wild Ones."

Fits perfect and it feels warm. The cuffs are lining with faux shearling but the sleeves have a polyester fill body. The jacket has faux shearling and feels warm.

The top flap button pockets are cool and what the photos didn't show are two handwarmer pockets.

People apparently like the style so Wilson's just ran out of stock on it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy