Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Intro & where should I post pics of a black Borsalino 7 ⅜ for help with identification and price?

TunguskaEvent

New in Town
Howdy everyone, I hope you're all geared up for a magnificent bbq tomorrow!

Just want to introduce myself and thank you all for such a wonderful resource for a long lost mens essential.

I've been a lurker for a while and I'm now seriously considering wearing a fedora. A close friend knows this and actually gifted me his Borsalino (4-5 years old) sized 7 ⅜. It has quite a few miles on it but I don't mind. The more glaring issue is that it's probably too large for me. The liner fell out some time ago but I have no doubt it's the genuine article and he claimed he paid nearly $300 for it new.

My question is: which subforum is most appropriate for me to post a few pics and get some insight regarding identification and general ballpark of its value? Due to its size I would most likely be interested in selling it to a newbie who doesn't mind its condition or possibly trading it to someone who does restorations.

Thank you again for the great resource!

RJR

Just want to introduce myself and thank you all for such a wonderful resource for a long lost mens essential.

I've been a lurker for a while and I'm now seriously considering wearing a fedora. A close friend knows this and actually gifted me his Borsalino (4-5 years old) sized 7 ⅜. It has quite a few miles on it but I don't mind. The more glaring issue is that it's probably too large for me. The liner fell out some time ago but I have no doubt it's the genuine article and he claimed he paid nearly $300 for it new.

My question is: which subforum is most appropriate for me to post a few pics and get some insight regarding identification and general ballpark of its value? Due to its size I would most likely be interested in selling it to a newbie who doesn't mind its condition or possibly trading it to someone who does restorations.

Welcome to the Lounge;I suggest posting to the Borsalino Brotherhood when you get to the minimum number of posts to upload pics(15 I believe).

Don't be afraid to start the clean up process yourself. To me that has been the most fun is the cleaning and reblocking of well used hats...vintage or not. This site offers a wealth of info on cleaning and restoring hats. You might surprise yourself. And if it is not too large for you, perhaps some inserts would bring it closer to your size. And as it was gifted to you the risk is not so great.

TunguskaEvent

New in Town
Thanks gentlemen!

@belfastboy I've already done a little cleanup myself. It was steadfastly collecting dust and I've done my best with an old lint brush. There are some spots where the felt has worn rather thin and as I mentioned, sadly the liner is quite long gone. I do like the look of it and I could possibly pull off this size but I'd still like to know more about it.

Thank you again for the suggestions!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ