Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introducing my new custom Bates Cafe jacket

One of the Regulars
I just got delivery of my custom made Bates Cafe Racer jacket;
Here are the details:
- 1950s Cafe Racer jacket in black 4 OZ steerhide.
- Custom siize 40 with 24.5 inches sleeves, 25inches body length.
-Custom zipper sleeves ( Talon NOS old brass #5).
-two standard zippered breast pocket leather lined ( Talon NOS old brass #5 zippers), one standard G1 style inside pocket, leather lined with matching black snap closure.
-Jacket lined with black satin nylon (standard).
-Genuine Bates Leathers tag with a US made tag.
-3 inches double leather on bottom hem(custom).
-Collar with 2 snap black button closure (custom).
-Double leather wind flap.
-Antique brass 2 way NOS Talon #9 zip and brass side buckles.
-OD black thread for all seams.
The jacket fit, workmanship, materials and attention to detail is simple outstanding.
Here few pics:

CarlosPICS771.jpg

CarlosPICS773.jpg

CarlosPICS774.jpg

CarlosPICS775.jpg

CarlosPICS776.jpg

CarlosPICS772.jpg

Last edited:
Outstanding! Both the jacket and bike! Damn nice on both counts!
They make some awesome jackets. My old girlfriend and rider, used to get Bates customs because she was too small for anything off the rack.
Well done...thanks for posting.

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hey 1087;

Great looking jacket. You done good on the build spec sheet.......and you definitely got it figuered out.

Looks like a super fit also. Get some of those SoCal rays on it and a shower or two and it'll be good to go.

Great job.

Regards, coffee

norton123

New in Town
Absolutely beautiful!

I probably need to go that route myself. I bought a stock Vanson and it doesn't come close to fitting my dimensions.

BTW, how long did you have to wait?

One of the Regulars
Outstanding! Both the jacket and bike! Damn nice on both counts!
They make some awesome jackets. My old girlfriend and rider, used to get Bates customs because she was too small for anything off the rack.
Well done...thanks for posting.

Thank you Sir!

Hey 1087;

Great looking jacket. You done good on the build spec sheet.......and you definitely got it figuered out.

Looks like a super fit also. Get some of those SoCal rays on it and a shower or two and it'll be good to go.

Great job.

Regards, coffee

Many thanks Coffee, no need for a shower it's comfortable to ride with it.

Absolutely beautiful!

I probably need to go that route myself. I bought a stock Vanson and it doesn't come close to fitting my dimensions.

BTW, how long did you have to wait?

I wait for about 2 months, but there is 5-6 months waiting time now.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Manx Bonnie

Few action shots:

CarlosPICS754.jpg
I'm not usually right, but when the New Bonnies came out, my first thought was, they would look great with a Norton Manx short circuit alloy tank! Yours looks great, the nice way to do a Triton, no messy engine frame swaps, no oil leeks and no Prince Of Darkens lurking around your motorbike!

blethook

One of the Regulars
Nice!

Great looking jacket, perfect fit, & nice bike!

I like the design of the back... not your usual design, but done very tastefully...

The hide looks great as well... I'll bet it's going to look better when it's broken in.

Have fun breaking it in.

too much coffee

Practically Family
Good Morning 1087;

When I read my post again about the showers, I don't know if you took it like I meant it, meaning............a few showers and that warm sunshine will help pop the grain on your jacket during the break in. I didn't mean anything other than what I described.

Ride hard and live free!

Regards, coffee

One of the Regulars
I'm not usually right, but when the New Bonnies came out, my first thought was, they would look great with a Norton Manx short circuit alloy tank! Yours looks great, the nice way to do a Triton, no messy engine frame swaps, no oil leeks and no Prince Of Darkens lurking around your motorbike!

Thank you Sir!

Great looking jacket, perfect fit, & nice bike!

I like the design of the back... not your usual design, but done very tastefully...

The hide looks great as well... I'll bet it's going to look better when it's broken in.

Have fun breaking it in.

I concur, I really love the jacket , it's different no doubt about it! I looking forward to see how the steerhide develops compare to my HH and goatskin jackets.

Good Morning 1087;

When I read my post again about the showers, I don't know if you took it like I meant it, meaning............a few showers and that warm sunshine will help pop the grain on your jacket during the break in. I didn't mean anything other than what I described.

Ride hard and live free!

Regards, coffee

I perfectly understood Coffee! It's all good Sir:D

Bike looks nice.

Thank you! the jacket too:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic