Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is anyone an expert on Hogan's uniform from Hogan's Heroes?

ChrisPappas

New in Town
Is anyone an expert on Hogan's uniform from Hogan's Heroes?

I know that his jacket (from the second episode on) was the studio's version of a USAAF A2 pilot's jacket, but what about the other details? Shirt, pants, shoes?

His wings were Command Pilot wings, but is there any particular variation?

What kind of watch did he wear?

What ribbons did he wear on his dress uniform?

Was there a particular variation of crusher cap?

Are there any particular episodes or publicity photos on-line that highlight the fine details?

To have a replica made of his A2 variant, are there any recommended vendors that would accommodate the variations?

Chris

ChrisPappas

New in Town
I did search before posting.

None of the other posts explored any of the details I'm interested in. I was also specific regarding episode two forward because the one thread that did briefly discuss Hogan's jacket made comments regarding the inaccuracy of the cuffs and waistband which were only related to the jacket used in the pilot episode.

Jedburgh OSS

One of the Regulars
Trivia about that particular jacket

It was first used by Frank Sinatra in Von Ryan's Express then by Bob Crane in Hogan's Heroes. Apparently Crane got to keep it after CBS canceled the series because his son Bob, Jr. loaned it to Greg Kinnear who played Bob, Sr. in Auto Focus. In 1965 there were likely no reproductions other than a studio wardrobe department that may have altered them. 20 years after WW II you could get originals and pretty cheap. There was also the 12 O'Clock High TV series in the mid-60's that would have needed several.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Probably safe to assume that the whole thing was generic as the jacket was. Just a close approximation of uniform items a POW would have worn, and not made with sticklers for accuracy in mind, but made for expediency. [huh] Only the people who produced the show would know for sure.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Maybe that's where my love the 30's & 40's started. I watched that show a lot as kid...and all the reruns when I was a little older. I remember exactly where I was when I heard Bob Crane was killed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart