Help with finding some jackets?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by jerome230, Nov 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bahabp100

Bahabp100 A-List Customer

42162422-1300-4DCF-A29B-0669995AC2E9.jpeg
    The leather jacket looks like a Wilson leather to me . Try searching for Wilson trench coat, car coat, pea coat, top coat etc .

jerome230 likes this.
  2. jerome230

jerome230 Familiar Face

Thank you, this is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for from this thread.

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything currently for sale with these searches that was what I'm looking for, but these are definitely getting added to my saved searches. Thank you Bahabp100. Definitely some similar coats.

3. jerome230

jerome230 Familiar Face

almost forgot to bump this week

4. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

Chances are small that since last week all of the sudden a couple of Eddie Vedder fans joined this forum. This forum is about golden era clothing.

That basically means you're asking your question to the same guys you've asked your question to last week. And the week before last week.

I believe I'm repeating myself. Maybe I should just bump my reply from last week :p

Edit: typo

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    HoosierDaddy, Vezio and jerome230 like this.
  5. jerome230

jerome230 Familiar Face

Also, asking people who didn't open the forum last Monday. Or people who didn't open the thread last Monday, but maybe they do now.

As I said last week, it takes me 2 minutes to bump the post. It's on the front page of the outerwear forum for roughly a day at the most, then it fades back into it's normal obscurity.

I understand that you don't think I will have much luck with this thread on this forum.
    I fully understand your message. Though you are starting to sound like a broken record. It feels a bit condescending. I'm unsure if that's the intent or not.

The thread being on the front page just makes it that much easier for someone who hasn't seen it before to see it.
    Just because every week someone new isn't chiming in with exact details for one of these jackets doesn't mean it's a complete waste of time. This is stuff I've personally been looking for for years. I said it before, and I'll say it again, I'd be very surprised if this thread ever gets any exact answer on any of the jackets I've posted about looking for.

2 minutes of my week to bump it back to the top of the front page isn't much effort on my part to spread the post to other people, whether it be the exact same people who saw it before and didn't know anything, or the same people who are like "Ugh,, it's this idiot again. Won't he just stop? It's fanaticism!", or it's someone who's not even registered on the forum at all, and just happened to find the thread from a related google search.

And I'd like to think that it sitting on the front page for roughly a day, depending on the activity the thread receives, of course, isn't a terrible thing to ask of the forum. (Just a disclaimer, I've never just watched the forum to see how long it actually lasts on the front page. I'd assume maybe a few hours during peak times, roughly a day max at non peak times. I'm not sure if that's far off? If you know, I'd be interested for you to tell me. Though I probably won't go out of my way to watch it myself.)

Edit: Looks like since the last bump of this thread, It's gotten another 300 views, which isn't an insignificant amount by any means.

Edit 2: formatting.

6. Why can't you face it. You are on the wrong forum. Eddie Vedder and what he wears is of no interest here.

Marc mndt likes this.
  7. Herresbach

Herresbach Familiar Face

or this could be trolling on another level :D:D

Carlos840 and Marc mndt like this.
  8. jerome230

jerome230 Familiar Face

If you guys don't have anything to contribute, and do not wish to see my thread, you do not need to open it, you do not need to reply with negative comments. You are only making it appear on the front page of the forum longer.
    I checked it when I woke up today, it wasn't even on the front page anymore, when I had bumped at like 3am.
    Somewhere between 3:30AM CST and 11AM CST, it was already gone.
    You reply just to say you don't want me to post and you put it back on front.

I do not understand why you guys are so against my thread?
    I'm sure you could just put me on your ignore list and then you won't see it again?

I'd like to restate this:
    While Eddie Vedder wearing these jackets is MY source of inspiration/motivation for wanting them, for almost anyone else, the fact that it's Eddie Vedder wearing the jackets should be little more than coincidence that it's the same person in each of my photos.

I've met maybe a handful of people in the world who would give a shit about Eddie Vedder's clothes.
    I'm one of them. The majority of people do not care. This is okay. You don't need to care. Eddie Vedder did not invent any of these jackets. Eddie Vedder did not have any of these jackets specifically made for him. They are NOT exclusive to Eddie Vedder. Him wearing them is simply the source of why I want the jackets. Please do not get hung up on the fact that it's Eddie Vedder wearing the clothes. It's context clues at best to anyone besides me.

Edit: Typo

9. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Yeah - I'm pretty sure this is just trolling too.

10. jerome230

jerome230 Familiar Face

I'm trying my best to be polite.
    The negativity in this thread is really starting to make that hard.
    I am completely serious in this thread. I'm not even sure how that could be of question.

11. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

It's a question because it's hard to believe someone would seriously keep trying to shove a square peg in a round hole with such breathless self-absorption on a site dedicated to a specific interest for which your posts demonstrate a continued and cavalier disrespect.

HoosierDaddy likes this.
  12. Mich486

Mich486 One Too Many

For the most authentic Eddie Vedder’s look I think you should just walk into a thrift store and buy the leftovers :) the guy seems to be literally putting zero thought and effort in the way he dresses. He obviously couldn’t care less about what’s he wearing (and it shows, he’s a mess:)) so being after his clothes seems a bit of a paradox to me.

I don’t understand the fascination but I don’t have and never had in my life any sort of idol either so perhaps this is what’s going on here. I wish you nonetheless luck in your search.

jerome230 likes this.
  13. jerome230

jerome230 Familiar Face

I specifically asked if this was allowed before posting this thread.
    Here's a link to that thread.

The majority of these jackets would span from around the mid 50s up until about the 80s at the latest.
    This is among the higher range of what this forum is most interested in, but still relatively close according to Edward in that thread:

"This space is for everyone interested in any aspect of outerwear in the style of or from the early to mid 20th Century. The core area of interest for TFL by design was 30s to 50s, though that has somewhat expanded into the 60s as well in recent years."

If it's not your cup of tea, and you are not interested in what I'm posting that's okay. You don't need to tell me, you are wasting your time. Move on.

I understand that my looking here is a bit of a stretch. However it's not two completely different worlds. If it were, I'd understand the opposition much easier(More easily?).

I will continue bumping this thread until a moderator tells me that I cannot, or I have found everything that I'm looking for.

Edit: Formatting.

Edit 2: Replying to Mich:

You're absolutely right. I'd imagine you're as spot on as possible with this statement. This would be the thing to do if I was just trying to get the look.
    I'm moreso going for a functional collection. It's not exactly conventional, I understand.
    I enjoy collecting things. I'm a perfectionist, and I want all the little details to add up. I also can't really justify spending my money on things I can't practically use. Jackets are a thing I, in general, really like. I really enjoy wearing jackets, and I like to have options. I want to collect jackets that Eddie wore. This is that. I do wear these jackets. It's not necessarily just to copy his look, though I do do that sometimes, when I feel a bit lazy(in some cases), or especially inspired in others. Depends on the day. It's just a collection. Just like anyone who collects Pokemon cards, or Figurines. I want to collect them all. I just happen to also want to use the things I collect. Not necessarily everyday, but here and there.

14. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

I don't think it is a question of what is 'allowed' and yes, that is up to the moderator. It's more a case of what amounts to good sense and fit. If more people thought and posted like you this site would effectively be eroded and given there is nowhere quite like this, that would be a shame. But you have certainly been polite and that in itself is admirable.

HoosierDaddy, jerome230 and Marc mndt like this.
  15. jerome230

jerome230 Familiar Face

I don't know that I agree about the site eroding? Seems to me like it'd just be a more diverse place.

Though I certainly agree with you that this site is unique. I would hate to see this site change for the worse. I've only been on here a month or two, but with the help of a forum member here, I was able to find a jacket that I was looking for just as long as these. It just happened to be another jacket Eddie wore, and leather at that. It was a 50s(I think?) Sears Fieldmaster. I had no idea what it was. Kept seeing jackets kinda similar, but never found anything quite right. Tmitchell59 was able to confirm it as a Fieldmaster. That has been a huge help in the search for that jacket. I currently still have a post in the classifieds section looking for one. Unfortunately there hasn't been much luck yet, but I don't think I'd ever really have a chance at finding that jacket without this forum. Very grateful for that.

I haven't found any other site like this for leather jackets. Especially that era.

16. I'll say one other thing...you are sure persistent.

Bahabp100 and jerome230 like this.
  17. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 My Mail is Forwarded Here

lay off this poster.

He contacted me a couple of months ago through my youtube channel and ask about a jacket. We determined it was a Sears Fieldmaster, like some I had owned.

Since he was interested in leather jackets I suggested he join this forum. I've done that many times. He joins, post and then called a Troll, sad.

Which of you owns this forum and dictates who can post and what, when and how often?

If you don't like this thread then don't read it. Pretty simple solution.

Bahabp100 and jerome230 like this.
  18. Turns out...certainly quite different type leather jacket interests than we have here.

jerome230 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.