Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is my Aero FQHH board racer "seven" too small?

leatherweather

New in Town
Man, don't ever second guess this jacket again. It's the fit most people are trying to get out of their jackets. It's not even like one of those super trim fits, looks freaking awesome on you. 10/10, definite keeper and congrats on a perfectly perfect jacket!

Thank you, Monitor! I really didn't expect so many positive responses like this. So glad I asked. And even though I don't want summer to end, at least there is something positive about the cooler days ahead!

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
Little late... I agree with the others, jacket and fit both look fantastic.

I think as you wear the jacket and it breaks in and forms to you, it will become very comfortable and feel like a second skin.

The only jacket I have to draw experience from is my Vanson PLU-3. When I initially went into Insurrection, I was looking for a larger size jacket than what Wade recommended; I wanted a size 48 but Wade insisted the 46 looked better. It looked and felt too tight for my liking. For months I was regretting following his advise and knew I should have gotten the larger size. But after a season of riding in warm/hot summer weather, with the leather softening up, I finally realized Wade actually knew what he was talking about. Now, I couldn't be happier with my decision.

leatherweather

New in Town
Here are the photos of the jacket zipped up. I apologize for the terrible quality and lighting. I was taking these pictures in "selfie mode" as I was home alone at the time. Peacoat is right, my main concern was the tightness of the sleeves. I will rarely if ever wear the jacket zipped up, maybe in extreme winds or something.

On a bright note, I threw the jacket on last evening for the first time in a few days. I was afraid it would feel super stiff since I hadn't worn it and wasn't used to it, but it actually felt quite nice, at least when compared to when I first received it! Taking it off was also easier, which was a wicked challenge at first. That could be both due to it loosening up a bit as well as getting used to a strategy to take it off. Can't wait to be able to wear this out of the house and really get to breaking it in and watching the leather take it's character.

Attachments

• 2016-08-17_13.44.11.jpg
    2016-08-17_13.44.11.jpg
    512.9 KB · Views: 1,359
  • 2016-08-17_13.45.36.jpg
    2016-08-17_13.45.36.jpg
    852.4 KB · Views: 1,330
  • 2016-08-17_13.46.56.jpg
    2016-08-17_13.46.56.jpg
    513.6 KB · Views: 1,473
  • 2016-08-17_13.49.40.jpg
    2016-08-17_13.49.40.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 1,374

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
Here are the photos of the jacket zipped up. I apologize for the terrible quality and lighting. I was taking these pictures in "selfie mode" as I was home alone at the time. Peacoat is right, my main concern was the tightness of the sleeves. I will rarely if ever wear the jacket zipped up, maybe in extreme winds or something.

On a bright note, I threw the jacket on last evening for the first time in a few days. I was afraid it would feel super stiff since I hadn't worn it and wasn't used to it, but it actually felt quite nice, at least when compared to when I first received it! Taking it off was also easier, which was a wicked challenge at first. That could be both due to it loosening up a bit as well as getting used to a strategy to take it off. Can't wait to be able to wear this out of the house and really get to breaking it in and watching the leather take it's character.

Leatherweather, I'd love to see an update on how the jacket looks these days!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21