Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

is this guy dreaming?

Novos

One of the Regulars
Won't sell for that much...but that condition is museum quality...and that rare size. Yeesh!

Starting bid is a pretty standard price for these jackets. Buco J's usually go for a grand or so.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Because its a big size, I think the price is fair. I paid more than that for my LW.

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
many others ( dreaming) with many other kind of jackets... Repro A-2 , "WW2 so called German Luftwaffe" and others...etc, all alread (re-) listed for ages.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
There was a guy a while back who listed, if I remember, a Lost Worlds ANJ-4. In the description he wrote something like "don't mind the weed smell, I spent many nights partying in it"... no joke. HE was dreaming!

lol lol

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
yup!
some dreamers try to sell unsellables A-2 repros for more than the WW2 originals and even in kiddy sizes...
Sweet dreams...

pawineguy

One Too Many
And it's not as large as he makes it out to be. Pit to pit is 25". 46 US at best.
Drives me nuts.

At best as you say... still a good sized jacket with long 27" sleeves. Brings a lot of people into play that don't usually get to bid on vintage jackets, size 44-46. He's actually hurting himself a bit by not having the proper size as there are a lot more 44 or 46 men out there.

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many
Well his buy it now price is US$2500

That may be a stretch, but not by much. (I guess that's the point of a BIN) The condition of the leather is very good, and it's highly collectible. I would think it would go for a minimum 2K, but its location might be a limiting factor. Anything less than 2K would be a VERY good price.

At best as you say... still a good sized jacket with long 27" sleeves. Brings a lot of people into play that don't usually get to bid on vintage jackets, size 44-46. He's actually hurting himself a bit by not having the proper size as there are a lot more 44 or 46 men out there.

Exactly.
1) makes big guys mad when they see the numbers.
2) excludes many potential buyers who are the right size...
3) sights on money, not the sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass