Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this Horse Hide from 5 *?

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I see no reason it couldn’t be horse, but that doesn’t mean it would be any good.

You’ve been around long enough to know better, but people need to get out of their heads the notion that if horse then good. It’s a clearly mediocre (at best) leather.

I think even the more experienced of us sometimes unconsciously internalize a correlation where due to the relative unpopularity of horse leather today, it’s more likely to be used for high end uses, however this isn’t necessarily the case even in the first world.

Case in point: the Japanese make and use low grade shell cordovan to make waterproof backpacks for schoolchildren. They have a historic tradition of a lot of utilitarian uses of horse leather so I imagine it comes from that.

PilotJens

One of the Regulars
I think someone is either deceiving customers or his employees are getting worse .This is the QC my jacket and I have the suspicion that they accidentally made the collar from horsehide.Their horsehide looks more flat when new and has a different sheen I think.

Attachments

• IMG20240216175308.jpg
    IMG20240216175308.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 63

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I think someone is either deceiving customers or his employees are getting worse .This is the QC my jacket and I have the suspicion that they accidentally made the collar from horsehide.Their horsehide looks more flat when new and has a different sheen I think.
Maybe they just suck at panel matching. Maybe the collar is horse and they suck at panel matching. Maybe it's non-printed cow whereas the rest is the jacket is made out of printed leather.

Soooo Shawn claims my steer looking hide is horse. Regardless I’m rejecting the order. When discussing the jacket (prepayment) he would reply back in minutes. Now that there is an issue, I wait days for a reply. But the HH he has pictured on the site looks absolutely nothing like the one they made for me. This is my first and last time I deal with 1 Star
So does this mean they’ll refund you? This is what I thought would happen, they’ll tell you it’s HH and shoot you tracking. Or are you just saying keep my money and the jacket?

revkev

One of the Regulars
Ok, 6 days after requesting refund and me wanting to reject. They said they will remake jacket using a different HH grain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner