Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ISO fountain pen craftsperson.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
My 1933 Sheaffer and a couple others are in need of repairs - feeder, couple nibs, torsioned bladder (ouch), you knpw, the usual maladies.

I'm in a modestly populated region (central Iowa), so I assume they'll have to be sent away.

Whom do you trust with your pens? Tell me what they're good at, their turnaround time, charges, and suchlike.

My pens thank you, and I thank you.

willyk57

New in Town
The Southern Scribe

I just sent a Parker Vacumatic c.1950 to a Gentlemen in Georgia.

www.thesouthernscribe.com

I found his business on some pen forums and his work came well recommended. Soon hopeful, I will be able to personally recommend him.

Best,
Willy K

I also use The Fountain Pen Shop in Monrovia, Fred Krinke is the 3rd generation owner operator and repair guy. I was just there today and he fixed 2 pens while we were talking. A Waterman Carene that needed a super cleaning and flush out badly and then an early Shaeffer Flat top lever fill, new bladder in that one.

You can call him 626-294-9974 or send an email fredspen@yahoo.com to get an idea as to what you need etc. (I will let you know the series of storms out this way is playing havoc with the local phone services and their local DSL connection, might be a bit before they can't get back to you.)

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I know this is an old thread, but I'll post my opinion anyways. Besides, there may be other pen enthusiasts out here who are interested (?)... Richard Binder is really good. Never had repairs from him in person, but from what I've seen of his work, he's an expert. I did buy an inexpensive pen from him, and it really flows nicely! He tests each nib before he sells them.

http://www.richardspens.com/

His turnaround time is crazy slow, though. 17 weeks, I think? Well in any case, if this is still relevant for you, good luck searching! If not, please let us know how the repairs worked out.

flute

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic