Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It´s Friday the 13th...

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
...everyone prepared? I took a kangaroo toy with me to work that my boyfriend gave me and hope it won´t be too bad... Anyway. Stupid thing happened by now. My boss is in a horible mood and already made me angry (sort of) and I know I got to stay here 10 hours (but well, I knew that weeks before). A collegue of mine got a call from someone that wants to kill herself.... Lets see what else happens.... :( :eusa_doh: Let me know about your Friday the 13th...

Rosie

One Too Many
I'm just waiting for the after school egg throwing and the nair bombs. :eusa_doh: It doesn't help any that this falls around Halloween, at least in the minds of kids.

Feraud

Bartender
Rosie said:
I'm just waiting for the after school egg throwing and the nair bombs. :eusa_doh: It doesn't help any that this falls around Halloween, at least in the minds of kids.
haha, what memories you bring back with that comment! :D

Is anyone superstitious? Does anyone have a fear or black cats, hats on beds, walking under ladders, 13th. floors, etc.? Tell us your fears.

Steve

Practically Family
Man, what a coincidence...I just received Signs from Netflix, and no one else in the family has ever seen it before lol

This evening should be fun. :D

Girl Friday

Practically Family
I have a dentist appointment today. Just a cleaning though, so no scary Final Destination potential really....Knock on wood! :eusa_doh:

I kind of feel like superstition is a part of my culture so I kind of embrace it. My mom's mother used to throw salt in the sign of the cross out all the windows when a thunder storm was coming.

I would think being born on Friday the 13th would be good luck, kind of like owning a black cat. And besides its the beginning of the weekend how could that possibly be bad...well except I am moving tomorrow and it is supposed to rain.

GateXC

One of the Regulars
Having gone to Colgate Univ., triskedekaphobia holds no sway over me.

Quite the contrary.

Friday the 13ths are celebrated and relished as a lucky day since our university was founded by 13 men with 13 dollars and 13 prayers.

Hondo

One Too Many
I think its funny, I 've known many witches;)

Friday the 13th comes from The Templar Knights, the Crusaders who were round up and killed in France on Friday the 13th in 1453 if I’m not mistaken.
Oops wrong year, my mistake:
1307 - Hundreds of Knights Templar in France are simultaneously arrested by agents of Phillip the Fair, to be later tortured into "admitting" heresy. :eusa_doh:

I have no superstitions, black cats, witches or what have you.

To quote William Shakespeare’s “As You Like It”:

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players.
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts...

Play it for laughs, Have a great day lol

Naama

Practically Family
Today I had to made a decision between two universitys...... Just signed out of one today, and somehow, I feel bad and like I made the wrong decision... :( Actually, I don't believe in Friday the 13th so far, but when I recognized it today, I felt quite strange... But you know, I'm superstitious!

Naama

S

Samsa

I've always had good things happen on Friday the 13th. I don't expect today to be any different...

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
this is my birthday and i always go somewhere on my birthday, usually to go shooting. even took an extra day off so i would have monday off too.

today i am supposed to be headed towards the coast to photograph two very old and picturesque cemeteries - it is raining and is supposed to rain the whole weekend.

maybe i'll head to vegas and go shooting there instead — googie-style architecture. really wanted to go camping near the cemteries though. sigh.

maybe stay home and clean house - naaaaaahhhh.

rsg

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Now here's a puzzler for you.

In South America, the bad luck day is TUESDAY the 13th. Does this mean that a North American living down there is immune from it? Or that a South American living up here is immune from Friday the 13th?

What say you?

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
Now here's a puzzler for you.

In South America, the bad luck day is TUESDAY the 13th. Does this mean that a North American living down there is immune from it? Or that a South American living up here is immune from Friday the 13th?

What say you?

Or do they get it from both ends? Have you asked the lovely Mrs Chevalier?

Marc Chevalier said:
Oh, and ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RED!!!! :eusa_clap

Seconded. The perfect reason to open a bottle of something.

Like I need an excuse...

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
She insists that Friday the 13th cannot touch her, and that Tuesday the 13th can only affect her when she's in South America. lol

I like that enough to call it a definitive answer. lol Sorry if I derailed the point.

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
Doc" Devereux]Or do they get it from both ends? Have you asked the lovely Mrs Chevalier? Seconded. The perfect reason to open a bottle of something. [COLOR="Black said:
Like I need an excuse...[/COLOR]

thank you, i am thinking a can of diet mountain dew - that should get me motivated to get the car packed and outta here! the sun keeps breaking through, the light is gorgeous and the open road is calling my name. a good opportunity to try out my wireless card out and about!

rsg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR