Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iTailor Overocat

nabottle

A-List Customer
I was skeptical to believe that I could get a quality suit custom made at the low price that iTailor advertised. So I decided to get an overcoat to test the waters. First off, I paid $208.99 including shipping for an overcoat that was made of ?????? There are several different colors and patterns available on their easy-to-use website when designing your garment. That part was easy. Then, there are several different measurements they ask for in order to make your garment. I chose to get an overcoat and I wanted the sizing to be a little tighter so I could wear it as a jacket, not necessarily an overcoat. The only ODD thing is that the olive colored lining is iridescent. Depending on the lighting, it has a purple and olive contrast. It came from Chiangmai, Thailand and it took 25 days to get it from the day it was ordered. When it arrived, I found a tag that said it was a wool blend. My overall opinion is I may have gotten the best deal of my life! The fabric is far better than I expected. The quality of tailoring is far better than I expected. The sizing is far better than I expected. I am 100% happy with my purchase I will go ahead and order a suit from them soon. I feel like I got more than I paid for. No doubt a bout it.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beautiful coat and a really ace look. Now, after this nice, cool weekend, when the h--- are you going to get to wear it? Being from the same part of the woods, I'm only asking because I sympathsize. Nice boots, too.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Nice coat:) I think it is what we call in England a Covert coat, I have one in taupe(a dark cream colour, not quite brown) brown velvet on the collar with a similar lining. The lining I think we called 'Shot silk' why? I have no idea, just something my dad told me years ago, sort of changes dark red/green as the light and folds move around so to speak.
These are business mens coats really, worn over a suit, but mine is just large enough to wear over a nice shirt. I usually wear mine to formal days such as Church, and generally if I wish not to be bulked up but look good.
All the colours tend to lend themselves to smark casual wear with nice jeans with or without turn ups, cuffs I think our US friends call them, but NEVER trainers/sneakers though I cant stop you haha.
I also have a heavy wool version by Austin Reed before they became part of some corporate empire. Again,made in England during the last great period of British tailoring, the 1970s. Now its all Chinese and far eastern unless of course you can afford bespoke:cool:
Thanks for posting, JTee

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very smart, very dapper :cool: I have a crombie which has the same function...paid a lot more though :(. Looks like you have an absolute bargain.

nabottle

A-List Customer
Thanks for the comments, guys. I apologize for my lack of editing in my initial post. Now I see how ridiculous it looks!

@tropicalbob - I know. I know. I know. I need to have more logical reasons for getting jackets and coats. For now though, I don't. Thanks for the nod on the boots too. I just got them (AE Fifth Street) about 2 weeks ago for a steal. I couldn't pas them up!

@rocketeer - Thanks for the info on this style of coat. I've seen them in movies, online, and in books and I've always admired the look. Now, living in Florida, I'll have to do some more traveling in order to wear it.

@bn1966 - I'm sure the Crombie is much nicer than mine! WOW, I'm jealous for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner