Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's arrived!

jdbenson

One of the Regulars
The hat I scored off OFAS has arrived! It's this hat: item 110203265553.

I have a question: The hat's ribbon is severely wrinkled and the corner of the bow is bent over. If you look at the pix you can see what I mean. I think it must've had another hat sitting on top of it for a couple of months. How can I straighten out that ribbon? Do I have to remove it? and press it out or can something be done while it's still on the hat?

If it's beyond hope, how does one create a new ribbon and attach it?

AND one more thing--I dropped by my local Burlington Factory Outlet and bought the last of their rabbit fur felt fedoras! I was lucky, they had one left and it was my size! The brand name is Haelo Hats and had a tag on it confirming what everyone here has been saying. It was made in the US of rabbit fur felt from Chech.

mineral

One of the Regulars
jdbenson said:
How can I straighten out that ribbon? Do I have to remove it? and press it out or can something be done while it's still on the hat?

Boil some water in a pot, then stick a knife in the water. While the knife is still damp and hot, use it like an iron on the ribbon.

You most definitely don't need to replace the ribbon on your hat. Enjoy!

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Cold water dabbed on with your fingertip will also work. You can wet the entire ribbon and bow, pressing it back into shape with your fingers. Once it dries completely, you will be pleasantly surprised! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo