Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's been a while... pics of my Aero NYPD FQHH Jacket at 17 months...

Navin323i

Practically Family
Greetings Gents,

It has been quite a while since I've been on the site and posted anything, and considering how lovely the weather is today it was the perfect opportunity to go outside and snap some pics of my Aero leather jacket and family.

For those of you who don't know me or don't remember me, I'm a 5-time open heart surgery survivor with a mechanical heart made of carbon fiber. To show my appreciation for being alive today I've dedicated the rest of my life to raising heart awareness and inspiring others to maintain a healthy heart and I do this thru my heavily customized car which is modified with the same carbon fiber material keeping me alive.

To take my heart awareness efforts to the next level I recently changed the paint color of my car from silver to a blue-green BMW Individual color known as "Atlantis Blue". The color is significant because blue symbolizes open communication and green in India is symbolic of the heart chakra (or heart energy center), hence "open communication about the heart" which summarizes the heart awareness work I do.

My Aero jacket is my absolute favorite piece of clothing I own. I have a customized Aero NYPD FQHH jacket with the Highwayman buckles and jacket bottom. My grandfather in India was a police chief and he died a few years before I was born. He was an amazing cop and an amazing father to my mother and her siblings. In honor of his memory I had Aero make me this NYPD jacket.

My Aero NYPD jacket was made in May 2010 so it's now 17 months old. Pics are below and you can see the nice patina developing in the collar area and various other areas of the jacket.

Oh... my wife decided to surprise me after I got the car painted by buying me matching shoes that I'm wearing in the pics below... Ferragamo Parigi driving shoes in a teal blue suede... my first pair of Ferragamos and honestly probably the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn (I typically am a sneaker guy)

AeroNYPD-Oct2011-1.jpg

AeroNYPD-Oct2011-2.jpg

AeroNYPD-Oct2011-3.jpg

"BEFORE" pic of car in silver color
AeroNYPD-Oct2011-4.jpg

"AFTER" pic of car in BMW Atlantis Blue color
AeroNYPD-Oct2011-5.jpg

AeroNYPD-Oct2011-6.jpg

AeroNYPD-Oct2011-7.jpg

AeroNYPD-Oct2011-8.jpg

AeroNYPD-Oct2011-9.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Navin

Last edited:

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hey Navin!
Good to hear from you. Car looks great.
Your Aero FQHH NYPD jacket looks terrific as well. Can't believe how big your kids have gotten. Guess that's what happens when you feed them!
Really hope your health issues are improving.......welcome back.

Best regards,
coffee

Navin323i

Practically Family
Hey Navin!
Good to hear from you. Car looks great.
Your Aero FQHH NYPD jacket looks terrific as well. Can't believe how big your kids have gotten. Guess that's what happens when you feed them!
Really hope your health issues are improving.......welcome back.

Best regards,
coffee

Great to hear from you, bro! Haha... yeah, feeding the youngins definitely make them grow a bit. :D

All has been well... had a few scares earlier this year with having my heart beat at 300 beats per minute... wound up having an "ablation" procedure which basically means they burn a small area of my heart that was causing the heart to beat so fast. Unfortunately it's the most expensive outpatient procedure so I'm stuck with paying a $4000+ medical bill. Hospitals nowadays are doing more and more procedures as outpatient because they know that patients and not the insurance companies will be the ones to pay back the hospital. If I had known that this would be so expensive as an outpatient procedure then I could have convinced the hospital to admit me and stay overnight(s)... then I would have only been responsible for my $100 co-pay... oh well.

How have you been, my friend? Any new jackets?

too much coffee

Practically Family
Great to hear from you, bro! Haha... yeah, feeding the youngins definitely make them grow a bit. :D

All has been well... had a few scares earlier this year with having my heart beat at 300 beats per minute... wound up having an "ablation" procedure which basically means they burn a small area of my heart that was causing the heart to beat so fast. Unfortunately it's the most expensive outpatient procedure so I'm stuck with paying a $4000+ medical bill. Hospitals nowadays are doing more and more procedures as outpatient because they know that patients and not the insurance companies will be the ones to pay back the hospital. If I had known that this would be so expensive as an outpatient procedure then I could have convinced the hospital to admit me and stay overnight(s)... then I would have only been responsible for my $100 co-pay... oh well.

How have you been, my friend? Any new jackets?

Hey Navin;
Yeah, probably a couple more jackets since we talked. Only held on to one though; an Aero HG-5 in FQHH.

Had a back surgery recently, a fusion of some vertebrae. Then I go and screw it up....back in the hospital for 3 more days. Now home living on 3500MG of Vicadin a day for a while.
This country has to get this medical coverage crap under control; I certainly don't have the answers but it ain't right!
Don't wanna hog up the thread with this medical stuff but yeah, life is still good.

Regards,
coffee

aero

Yep, mucho street cred for the car and jacket! Well done.
I lost a young friend this week, and as a wise Steve Jobs said, live each day like its your last...one day you'll be right.
Nice family and story, here's to many more for you sir!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16736

That is an amazing story. My dad had open heart surgery twice to replace his valves. To think your entire heart is mechanical is incredible. I didn't know such a thing was even possible. You must have incredible fortitude. I wish you the very, very best. You have a beautiful family and a wonderful jacket and you seem like a terrific guy yourself. Enjoy it all! God bless you.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Glad to hear you are doing better, lets hope this is the last surgery, and you have a long life ahead of you!

Windward

Practically Family
Hey Navin
glad to hear that you alive and kicking - enjoy your Family, car and jacket. I drink to your health...!

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Good to hear from you. I have to say I like the look of the car, it really pops in that blue color. Nice choice!

The jacket is looking better then ever, its a masterpice!

I cant believe how nice weather you guys have, wow! I wish we had half of that sun here.
Continue to enjoy the heart, jacket, car and weather with the family. :)

nicholasb

One of the Regulars
I agree, the car colour looks good. I like the fact that you had the jacket made in memory of your grandfather. Its looking good on you Navin. Always good to read your posts and know you're well.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Yep, mucho street cred for the car and jacket! Well done.
I lost a young friend this week, and as a wise Steve Jobs said, live each day like its your last...one day you'll be right.
Nice family and story, here's to many more for you sir!

Thanks Bro! Very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Here's to many more for you too, my friend. :)

That is an amazing story. My dad had open heart surgery twice to replace his valves. To think your entire heart is mechanical is incredible. I didn't know such a thing was even possible. You must have incredible fortitude. I wish you the very, very best. You have a beautiful family and a wonderful jacket and you seem like a terrific guy yourself. Enjoy it all! God bless you.

Thank you so much, Joel and may God bless you and your family too! Actually my heart isn't fully mechanical... my valves are mechanical plus I have other artificial components inside me made of Goretex, titanium, and other materials. Call me a bionic dude with a cool Aero leather jacket, lol. :D

Glad to hear you are doing better, lets hope this is the last surgery, and you have a long life ahead of you!

Thank you so much!! :)

Hi Navin
Good to see you again, jacket and car both looking great.

Great to see you too, my friend! How have you been? Your leather jacket looks great on you in your Avatar by the way! :)

Hey Navin
glad to hear that you alive and kicking - enjoy your Family, car and jacket. I drink to your health...!

Hey Windward!! Great to hear from you! Thank you so much!! I'll drink to your continued good health as well (I'll be drinking water on the rocks though... my favorite kiddie drink since I can't touch alcohol). :D

Good to hear from you. I have to say I like the look of the car, it really pops in that blue color. Nice choice!

The jacket is looking better then ever, its a masterpice!

I cant believe how nice weather you guys have, wow! I wish we had half of that sun here.
Continue to enjoy the heart, jacket, car and weather with the family. :)

Hey Griff!! Thanks for your message! Yeah, good weather here... I seriously love your aged tan steerhide jacket... looks amazing on you, bro. :)

Ok... I'll share with you all something that has been bugging me lately. I love my Aero FQHH NYPD jacket... definitely my absolute favorite piece of clothing along with my new blue Ferragamo driving shoes that match the new Atlantis Blue color of my BMW.

I've been wanting to get a second Aero Leather jacket preferably in a color that would compliment my car. Unfortunately Aero doesn't make a teal blue colored leather jacket (otherwise I would have bought that in a heartbeat), so I got to figure out a good color to go with that would compliment my car color.

Any ideas? Black does go with everything but I already have a black Aero jacket.

Navin323i

Practically Family
I agree, the car colour looks good. I like the fact that you had the jacket made in memory of your grandfather. Its looking good on you Navin. Always good to read your posts and know you're well.

Thank you so much, Nicholas!! I hope you've been well, my friend. I equally enjoy reading your posts too. :)

Very good to hear from you,Navin..!:)
HD

Likewise, my friend! I hope you and your family are all doing well and in the very best of health! :)

Good to see you again Navin - jacket looks good, nice car too.

Thanks Cooperson! Great to hear from you as always, my friend! :)

Hi Navin,
Great to hear you are ok. I love the pictures of you and your family next to your BMW. The jacket looks excellent btw!
Cheers,
Andy

Hey Andy! Always great to hear from you! I'm still hoping to come visit you in the Netherlands sometime, but with the lousy economy here, I haven't been able to plan any vacations. But nonetheless I've made it one of my goals to come visit you there. All the very best to you, my friend. :)

Very nice Aero indeed!

Thank you so much! The one thing I truly love about my Aero is the "jacket mod" I had Aero do later on after I received my jacket. A buddy of mine on this site (at his request I'm not revealing his name) is a hardworking police officer so out of respect for him and his country I'm wearing his country's brass colored police buttons on the chest pockets of my Aero NYPD jacket. Aero removed the buttons that came on the jacket originally (gave those back to me) and stitched on the police buttons that my police officer friend gave me. I know if my police chief grandfather were still alive he'd love my Aero NYPD jacket. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran