Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's official... I hate my hair!

SheBear74

Practically Family
So it was to the middle of my back, then I decided to cut it into a short middy, then I thought well why not go right to pixie... I decided to grow it out since I do love the longer looks, but now it's at that awful stage where I can't seem to do much with it! It's about to my chin in front, so I can get a Victory roll with a hair rat, but ugh I wish it where just a few inches longer!

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
So it was to the middle of my back, then I decided to cut it into a short middy, then I thought well why not go right to pixie... I decided to grow it out since I do love the longer looks, but now it's at that awful stage where I can't seem to do much with it! It's about to my chin in front, so I can get a Victory roll with a hair rat, but ugh I wish it where just a few inches longer!

Hang in there it will grow your almost there it will probably be were you want it by christmas.

I feel similar at least about my color. I was going to go get my hair cut and colored with some money my mom gave me for my birthday but someone rear ended me the other day I and I will proabably have to use my money to pay the deductible until I get some insurance money from the other guys company and that could take months. Perhaps I should do a home dye job. I haven't done a home job for about 15 years and am a bit hesitant.

Puzzicato

One Too Many

Can you get a couple of fun wigs to wear when you really can't stand it?

I feel similar at least about my color. I was going to go get my hair cut and colored with some money my mom gave me for my birthday but someone rear ended me the other day I and I will proabably have to use my money to pay the deductible until I get some insurance money from the other guys company and that could take months. Perhaps I should do a home dye job. I haven't done a home job for about 15 years and am a bit hesitant.

I'm sorry to hear about your accident - waiting on insurance is so boring. I haven't done a home dye job in years either, but I am sure it'll look great. I always found the L'oreal Feria range good.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Hang in there it will grow your almost there it will probably be were you want it by christmas.

Sorry to hear about your accident - hope you are ok and that you get everything sorted soon.

I do home dye jobs when I haven't time to get to the salon and they work like a charm - Nice N'Easy by Clairol is brilliant....

HepKitty

One Too Many

BoPeep

Practically Family
Don't fret SheBear74. Seems I saw a pic of you in the "Show us your hairstyles" thread and it looked pretty darn cute! I just cut my 7 inch middy to 4 1/2 inches. Didn't realize how much of a difference those 2 1/2 ins would make!! But I'm a week out now and have finally figured out how to set the pin curls a bit better, and it's working out okay. If you can manage a VR, whip up that Rosie bandana and you're set. At that length, even a half inch of growth will make a difference. You'll be there in no time!

Land-O-LakesGal - I've used Nice N Easy as well, the temporary color (washes out in 28 shampoos). Easy and consistent color. You'll be fine. And soooo much cheaper than the salon!

Lillemor

One Too Many
Ah! I've got a similar situation with jaw length in front, hidden layers becoming visible yet not quite like a middy in the back. I'm just going to hide it all under knit hats and forget about my hair for until April. Then it will have had six months to grow. When we get to April I'll think about what I want and not any sooner because I tend to rush in to new hairstyles, love them for 2 weeks then the novelty wears off and I wonder what possessed me. I'm just better with longer hair. Don't tell me next time I bob my hair, again, again.;) I love bobs and I had fun setting my hair when I had a longish middy but my scalp didn't enjoy it and my hair is too coarse to hide damage from friction, etc.

SheBear74

Practically Family
LandOLakes sorry about your accident! I dye my own hair at home too :)

Thanks for the advice and pep talk. I have been setting it in pin curls at night and am feeling a little better. :)

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Thanks for all your lovely suggestion on color ladies I think I may give it a go this weekend if I have time perhaps with a temporary. I asked my husband to help ( he is a trained barber) but her really just prefers doing mens hair so we will see if he helps of not.

Oh and everyone who was in the accident was fine it was a very slick day with a new snow the other car was just going way too fast for the conditions he hit me crossed two opposing lanes of traffic went over a curb into a park and barely missed hitting a tree. He had his wife and two kids in the car they wwere very lucky there was no on coming traffic. My son and I were just fine and my car just got a bent bumper but you know how these things go plastic can be very expensive to replace in a car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy