Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket Repair and Restoration...

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Just an reminder to The Fedora Lounge community. Insurrection does leather repair, alteration, and restoration. In fact, Insurrection is the only shop the United States to be approved by BOTH Vanson and Pilot USA for race suit repair, alteration, and restoration. Furthermore, Aero of Scotland routinely sends us their hardware for zipper repairs and snap fixture. Forgot to order leather lined cuffs on your halfbelt? Don't buy a new one, just have us line the cuffs in leather and alter the liner accordingly. Need a vintage jacket relined, no problem...we'll match the liner and sew your original tag onto it!

In short, we're the best there is when it comes to repairs, alterations, and restoration! We've restored more vintage jackets than ANYONE in the United States, and we know how to do it properly. We can work with any weight of leather, any age of leather, and do a repair job that follows the original construction of the jacket stitch-hole-for-stitch-hole.

Here's a good example of a jacket that's very common, a 1970s Schott cafe' racer. This jacket was brought to us stiff as a board, dry and cracking, road rash throughout, tears throughout the liner, every zipper falling apart, and tagless. We hide rejuvenated the jacket 5 times over, replaced the liner, re-colored the road rash, replaced all zippers with NOS Talons. Had we had a 1970s Schott tag laying around, we would have put that in too. Check it out!

CraigSchottrestorationrepair.jpg

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
Yes, very good to know. Now if I can just remember it!

Someone on the board was looking for leather repair, perhaps a lining, for an older jacket just a while back. Hopes he see this, or I will go back and see if I can find the thread. Of course HD is a master at finding the stale threads!

billyb

Familiar Face
Mojo, I have a jacket modeled on a 1940's CHP jacket. The collar is patterned to accommodate a police officer wearing a tie. This leaves a large gap at the top of the front zip and air flows in. I love the jacket, but this has to be fixed. Any idea if you guys could modify the top of the front zip area and the collar? I think it is doable but will be challenging. Thoughts?

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Mojo, I have a jacket modeled on a 1940's CHP jacket. The collar is patterned to accommodate a police officer wearing a tie. This leaves a large gap at the top of the front zip and air flows in. I love the jacket, but this has to be fixed. Any idea if you guys could modify the top of the front zip area and the collar? I think it is doable but will be challenging. Thoughts?

Sending PM...

majormajor

One Too Many
How to advertise a Repair & Restoration business. Part One.....

Post a thread - and reply regularly, with posts like "left you a PM" and "left you a message on your phone"......

Yeah, we REALLY wanna know that :eusa_clap

Next, you'll be spinning us that "I work there at the weekends" thing that you used to do:D:D

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
It would be great for FLoungers to see some before and after photos of the jacket restorations. It wouldn't be bad for the vendor's business either.

strokes1251

Practically Family

Post a thread - and reply regularly, with posts like "left you a PM" and "left you a message on your phone"......

Next, you'll be spinning us that "I work there at the weekends" thing that you used to do:D:D
Privacy is such a wonderful thing here in the US :p

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up

I hear ya. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner