Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jaxon Iconoclast - Any Thoughts

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
I see The Village Hatshop has the Jaxon Iconoclast for $60. Looks nice in the picture, and it's 100% Fur Felt.

Anyone have one of these? How are they? Seems like a great buy, at least from the looks of the hat.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Buy it.

I've had my Iconoclast for maybe three years now, loved the hat every day. The felt is awesome - real nice, soft, pliable - easy to reshape that ugly pinch. It's quite thick, actually.

My Jaxon wasn't looking too good after a long time of wear, so I sent it off to JPD for a refurb. Came back looking even better than I had hoped!
Jaxon_10.png

But rest assured it was also very nice before the refurb! lol
Very nice hat, Jaxon is an excellent company and VHS is a pleasure to deal with.

Go for it.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
I had a Jaxon Iconoclast for a while, but I passed it on. It was a fine hat, but very low crown, and the felt was very thick. It was far too hot for the desert! I also found it a bit too stiff for my tastes. If I knew then the wonders that denatured alcohol will do, though, I might have kept it and got some of this stiffness out of it.

For the money, you can probably find a decent vintage hat that will serve you far better. If you don't have the time or inclination to troll e-bay for hours, though, the Jaxon isn't a bad hat for the money. For starters, it is at least available in sizes, rather than the usual S-M-L-XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy