Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeans

Doug C

Practically Family
HJohnson wrote:
it should have read '37. The '37 201XX definitely has a a dark metal (if not black) double buckle.
Oh OK, yes I'm well aware of those particular jeans... everyone raves about how good they were. I haven't examined any up close but have seen many pics just never noticed a dark buckle or recall mention of it. That's good though, it adds something to distinguish them from the 501s. I always thought of those as being mis-labeled 501s.. while the 1920 models 201s are very distincly different.

HJohnson wrote:
I bought them years ago and have never worn them.
Why haven't you worn them?

Doug C

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
I just picked up these buckleback and carpenter jeans yesterday from Space City in Montery Park
1229503890956-1342051381.jpg

12295038922501850126180.jpg

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Warbaby said:
New, dark blue jeans were definitely not cool, nor were deep turned-up cuffs (only the dorkiest of dorks wore them that way).

Everyone associate tall cuffs with the '50s, but if you look at the old department store catalogs you can find turn-ups in the 1930's.

Around here, everyone tries to keep the dark indigo unwashed look for as long as possible. When it's time to wash your jeans it's time to get new jeans. As was mentioned before, the cowboy kids wear wranglers, the "urban" kids wear 501's.

Doug C said:
Wow, awesome to know that I'm not the only one! I've been saying from day one that the buckle on my 1920s 201 repros was completely useless!! Please someone, there has to be an option. I'd give anything for one like on the other LVC cinch backs I have. BTW, what's a "weskit" and about the website to check the date... please explain.

Yes, mine are the 1920 201XX. The buckle is an absolute disaster. It is literally just a buckle with no real method for gripping the belt-back.

I fortunately have a destroyed "weskit" from which i can steal a Solide prong buckle of the galvanized type i mentioned earlier.

bk

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
I like my jeans to look like John Wayne's blue jeans in "Stagecoach". Fairly snug fit, boot cut, with about 4" turned up cuffs.

I'd like to find some "straight leg", or "dungaree fit" jeans with great big cuffs that are high waisted without the hammer loops. And they have to be inexpensive.

speaking of which, I just happened across Saturday Night Live the other night, which normally I avoid like the plague, but I saw John Malkovich was on and he was wearing big-leg blue jeans with huge cuffs, turned up about 3 or 4 inches. Cool. Really ugly shirt and jacket though....

Doug C

Practically Family
BellyTank, you are THE man !! :eusa_clap lol , seriously I want something like in this picture and you've located it pretty much.
Doug C

Doug C

Practically Family
I think the riverjunction ones would be the best bet because of the small size 1 1/8th in size, agreed? I think the fcsutler ones would be too big, though they seem to look better from the web pic.

Doug C

IndigoFanatic

New in Town
I can see where the content of the thread might throw you a bit, then!

fatdutchman: I'm not sure what you mean by "dungaree fit" (looser?), but the 501 is a straight leg jean with a regular length rise (up to the natural waist) which comes in a wide variety of sizes, so you should be able to get them long enough to get the cuffs you'd like.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Fatdutchman said:
I'd like to find some "straight leg", or "dungaree fit" jeans with great big cuffs that are high waisted without the hammer loops. And they have to be inexpensive.

Ha, Good luck! Ben Davis, maybe?
gorilla676_lrg.jpg

1stsargent

New in Town
Does any one know where I can get LVC and Repro Lee's in the US? Levis no longer sells the LVC on there site and the San Francisco store only carries a small selection.
thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112