Jeans

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Blackgrass, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

Alpha, thanks for the links, although I would like to see some real world stuff if its out there, and hear some first hand impressions.
    Also taking the easy route and not have to read to many I.H. Threads :)

2. resortes805

resortes805 Call Me a Cab

3. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

4. Dickie Teenie

Dickie Teenie A-List Customer

I belong to two farming co-operatives and they don't give anything away, they save me money. It appears one will have to wait four to seven weeks after paying for the jeans. I went in for a pair and will report back, good or bad.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  5. injunjack

injunjack One of the Regulars

Boyo

You seem to live in NY. Go to SefEdge store in NY to try Devils on.....I think they should have those.

6. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

Injun, you are right, I do live a short trip away from manhattan, and in fact I was only a few blocks away from the NYC selfedge store yesterday. Unfortunately I was in the city with my wife, who would never allow me to spend that amount of money on "jeans" I need to get there without her one day. Also I think that store could be dangerous for me as I have seen many items I "need" for sale there!

7. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

8. Dickie Teenie

Glad to have helped, they sold around 600 pair in three days. Not too bad of a kickoff.
    I have an answer for your high end problem, meet me around back with The Munster's Koach and i'll hook you up with several pair of your choice...i love that car!

9. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

Ok,, I'll be there with grandpa, after I take spot for a walk!

10. Dickie Teenie

Great, don't be late

11. mattface

mattface Practically Family

Gustin's New website is up and running since April 1st. THey've already sold out of 3 different kinds of denim, but they keep adding more. https://www.weargustin.com/

12. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Freddies of Pinewood (UK) do a great 50s heavy weight pair of jeans & for not much more than the price of a pair of flimsy 501s. Got a pair the other day..a lot of denim for the buck & look superb IMHO

13. scotrace

scotrace Head Bartender Staff Member

Some of the best advice from The Lounge was to stop washing my jeans every wearing.

14. Matt Crunk

Matt Crunk One Too Many

I don't own any true vintage jeans, but I buy all my jeans at thrift stores, usually for from $3 for off-brands, up to $5 or $6 per pair for Levis or Carhartt. Since they are pre-owned, they come naturally distressed like those folks are paying $200 for at upscale stores.

15. esteban68

esteban68 Call Me a Cab

I need help guys, I need some new jeans for everyday wear normally I get my jeans from charity shops thrift stores but decent jeans and more to the point jeans that aren't low waisted seem difficult to find, I've been looking on Ebay but the choice is bewildering to say the least ! My favourite jeans that have recently died are a pair of Wrangler Ohio now normally I take a 36" but I found these almost mint ones in a 38" fitted brace buttons and wore them comfortably due to high waist, they've been great but a recent bleach incident has effectively killed them....are their similar high waisted out there any UK makers at a reasonable price and is their a list of what all the numbers for Levis and Wrangler codes mean fit wise....I like high waisted and cinch back could be cool and obviously in indigo.

16. Dav

Dav One Too Many

17. ChrisT

ChrisT One of the Regulars

I'm not a great jeans fan, but I have a pair of Freddies of Pinewood.
    They are nice (high waist, brace buttons) but the fabric is not very thick

18. Pat Spade

Pat Spade Familiar Face

Hi,
    give www.paradirama.com a try. Their Type No. 1 Jeans is great. High waisted and wide legged. Very comfy.... 14oz selvage denim...and at a reasonable price...ok, their not uk-based but french....
    the only other uk maker I know is www.tender.co.uk. Great Jeans (I`ve got a 132),great quality, but a lot more expensive...

19. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Contact SimonC - he's a member here - he's just completed a UK-based Kickstarter for jeans that are exactly to what your spec is.

http://www.simonjamescathcart.com/