Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joe Hemrajani

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Baron, no problem - I will take a photo. I do believe he said he has 22oz as well....

I must say the sample I saw and felt did not seem like an overcoat material, just a nice suit material. Wow, I am chuffed with your interest!

[BTW, I spent 3 hours last night lookin through ols suit threads trying to find a suitable picture to show him of what I want - a peaked SB - I need a suit type that would complement my body type, not the really, really skimpy '30s styles].

GBR

One of the Regulars
Matt Deckard said:
Just got the suit back and... well it's more fitted, the lapels are dead on, the back is perfect and it's ... well I love it. The vest is awsome and... I'll post pics soon.

Are you going to do the full range of views - it is good to see the results of such an obviously well researched and specified suit.

Trousers without jacket from front and rear (usually neglected), jacket inside both views as well as the undoubtedly glorious views of you wearing it.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
The armholes are pretty well done though not as high as I wanted. When the jacket went in to have the alterations I wanted, that was the one thing they can't change. Heavily altered the jacket, remade the vest and altered the trousers a bit.

I need to find my camera.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Probably the worst photos I have ever taken. I lost my camera. It was a really cool Canon Powershot and I jut can't seem to work with anything else very well. Here are some shots using a barrowed Casio.

Took a while to get the back just how I wanted it to be and here it is. Center vented bi-swing with belt.

Functions fantistically
CIMG0003-vi.jpg
CIMG0004-vi.jpg

The blown out pics... Darn photographer (me).

Three button peak lapel.
CIMG8-vi.jpg

Vest tight as it should be
CIMG0008-vi.jpg

And my constantly shrinking giant rear with the bi-swing above.
CIMG0010-vi.jpg

Took a bit of drawing and measurements and lots of details talk to get it right. The inside lining is superb as well. The vest has an inside pocket and the armholes are pretty high... though not as high as i want so next suit I'm having the hole copied to a tee from an original.

What do you think?

Dagwood

Practically Family
OHHH - Most excellent. I saw Joe in late March and ordered some shirts and pants. I should be getting them near the end of May. I hope that they turn out as well as yours.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Actually yes. If you are looking for that back just tell him you want the Deckard back... he'll know what you are talking about.

I still have to hammer out a few details on the armholes... and ahave a few more backs I want him to make.

At first wanted the pleats above and below the belt though for me that doesn't look so good. Anyway... I like it.

Barry

Practically Family
The other day I checked to see when he'll be around my area. Another tailor that works for his company is going to be in DC in a couple of months. I attempted to check the website again to see if Joe would be there was well but I cannot access it this evening.

Would you recommend that I wait for Joe (or travel to where he is working) if I'm asking for anything out of the ordinary?

Barry

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
An excellent suit, my friend.

The bi-swing back looks amazing. The belt lies exactly where it should; at the highwaist-line. The center pleast is fantastic.

I would like to see the famous Deckard arm-hole shot. ;)

The vest is fantastic and ends just where it should and the pants are generous and draping perfectly.

An excellent suit and an exciting project. :eusa_clap

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I love that back treatment. I have a heck of a problem with jackets getting restrictive when I put my arms forward, even on jackets that otherwise fit fine. I'll have to see Joe next time he's in town, finances permitting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters