Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joe Hemrajani

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
It is an extremely smooth jacket to wear. Very very easy movement in all directions. Thanks to the high armholes and to the bi-swing back. It's pretty much what I've been wanting for years though have been told by tailor after tailor that it couldn't be done... even when you hold their hand through the process.

I think you'll be quite pleased by the range of movement Tony. Perhaps we should both head to see Joe when you are ready.

It's just soo darn comfortable and looks soo cool.

I just need to take shots that do it justice lots of little details on the pockets and the inside... especially need to show you guys and gals closeups of the vest.

Rooster

Practically Family
That's a great suit Mr. Deckard. The back details are superb!:eusa_clap I've recently bought 3 40's suits with high arm holes, what a difference. Now I can do everything in a suit that you see guys do in the old movies!lol
How soon till you take delivery on your next Joe H. suit? I don't want to be tacky and ask prices, but what's a ballpark figure on a great suit like that?

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Prices differ depending on the fabric. For what I had made I used an expensive heavy fabric so 1,200. With your own fabric it would be considerably less.

Next up is a brown tweed style with patch pockets three button notched lapel with the same back and a few alterations to the trousers and the jacket.

darin_arrick

New in Town
Recently fitted for Hemrajani shirts

Mr. Andre Lani, one of the fitters that works with Joe Hemrajani, was in Austin a few weeks ago, and I went to get fitted for a couple of simple, white shirts. I knew pretty much what I wanted, and I wanted to take advantage of a professional fitter even though I really shouldn't be spending the money right now. He suggested a couple of fabrics which are a step up from their lowest priced fabrics. So, I have 2 shirts on order.

I've heard nothing but good things about Joe and his operation. I have no doubt that I will purchase much more from him in the future.

Just my $0.27. :)

Jovan

Suspended
Matt Deckard said:
Prices differ depending on the fabric. For what I had made I used an expensive heavy fabric so 1,200. With your own fabric it would be considerably less.

Next up is a brown tweed style with patch pockets three button notched lapel with the same back and a few alterations to the trousers and the jacket.
Three piece? :D I'd love to see that if it were.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
IMG_9761-vi.jpg
IMG_9772-vi.jpg

IMG_9773-vi.jpg
IMG_9774-vi.jpg

IMG_9775-vi.jpg
IMG_9776-vi.jpg

The armholes do need to be higher and in the next suit they will be.

IMG_9780-vi.jpg

There are more details like how the pocket flaps are done and the pen pocket on the vest. You can see the inside pocket above. The suit is great and does look very vintage even though it's my modern suit.

I've debated with tailors for years and and had to deal with their style over mine and finally have one who does what i want... It's fantastic.

GBR

One of the Regulars
Matt Deckard said:
There are more details like how the pocket flaps are done and the pen pocket on the vest. You can see the inside pocket above. The suit is great and does look very vintage even though it's my modern suit.

I've debated with tailors for years and and had to deal with their style over mine and finally have one who does what i want... It's fantastic.

Its good to get aa tailor who follows your instructions. Did you go for just the one inside pocket as this suggests - a true mark of an older coat.

Can you post some more views of the detailing that you refer to please?

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The new pictures are amazing.

If I were ordering it, I would want a discrete place to put a cell phone that did not show through the fabric, plus a nice pen pocket. As you said, "all the pockets you wanted."

Fantastic wide peaked lapels.

GBR

One of the Regulars
Matt Deckard said:
It's my jacket and not a vintage, so I got all the pockets I wanted.

Here is the inside vest pocket. Good for a passport.
IMG_9782-vi.jpg

I need to take more close up pics of the other tid bits.

I'l be interested in these - what pockets did you have?

HJ Houndstooth

I recently took receipt of this three-season houndstooth from Hemrajani. Again, a fine suit save for a few errors. His tailors seem to have a problem with button placement. Notice how the jacket tugs at the abdomen. They seem to have placed the inside jacket button too far to the left and I need to have it moved a quarter inch. The button closure on the trousers seems to be off by a quarter inch too. Also, on the trousers the side straps are backwards - when done up, the excess should facing toward the rear and not the front. I'm afraid there really is no way to rectify it. The material is either 9 or 10 oz. I believe the cost was $695 plus shipping - not too steep for a custom job.

DSCF0764-1.jpg

hound1.jpg

I know, bad photo. I was in a rush.

trouserht.jpg

strapsht.jpg

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Jack,

I like that suit very much. It reminds me of something William Powell would have worn in the 30s.

A question though, are you saying there is too much tug or do you not like tug at all? Personally, I like a little pull in the button and this one is at the waistline where I would want it. There is a bit of extra wrinkling going on; is that the tug you are referring too, or is it caused by pulling it out of the package?

All in all, an extraordinary suit, probably best paired with a slightly bent umbrella. ;)

This cut is the same as the black pinstripe I had him copy from Okisaka.

okisakadoublewilliampowell.jpg

Here's the picture from the Okisaka site. I gave it to Joe to work from.

I think the tug is a bit too much. The suit isn't wrinkled. When I pull the jacket to the left from the inside, it looks much better. The button just has to be moved.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
looks Good Jack... like you said, the buttons and the staps need to be changed. Pull the sleaves down for the next shot. They like doing lots of belly on the lapels. When I have a double breasted made I'm going to have to specify straight edge.

Houndstooth ... pretty snazzy.

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
pocket placement

Hemingway Jones said:
If I were ordering it, I would want a discrete place to put a cell phone that did not show through the fabric

Hope this isn't too much off-topic, but I s'pose the ideal pocket for a portable telephone set would be rather high and rather to the side than to the front, wouldn't it? Unless it is really thin and lightweight, in which case it wouldn't draw the jacket down if you put it in the regular wallet pocket even if the jacket isn't closed. Also unless it it rather wide, in which case it would feel bulky if it is anywhere off the flat front part of the jacket.

As I think about getting a PDA phone, I really think about having a pocket put a bit higher and to the side, more or less under the lapel. Until I have the money and trust my weight is stable enough (for better or worse), I'll have the time to figure out if it would show or not, in particular in a non-drape suit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo