Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joe Hemrajani

Feraud

Bartender
Senator Jack, is this the suit you wore the last time we had lunch?
If so, I have to say the suit in person is beautiful! The pattern and overall cut is very nice. I was amazed to hear this was a modern custom suit.
Hemrajani has been doing right by our members lately.

Senator Jack said:
hound1.jpg

Dagwood

Practically Family
Matt Deckard said:

The Matt Deckard signature label! I need to get me one of those. Maybe you should advise Joe that a group of us Loungers will be coming in and requesting the "M.D. Suit."

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Well.. when you guys are ready we'll take a little trip... Of give him a call and tell him how much you like the look and perhaps he'll start offering it on his website, get it back in the public view and bring back some of these cool designs.
Next suit will be even better.

I'm pretty sure he can do anything Okisaka can do... just needs the right stylist to guide his tailors.

If you truly like the suit you should give him a call and tell him.
Joe Hemrajani
1-800-466-7133

Dagwood

Practically Family
Matt Deckard said:
Well.. when you guys are ready we'll take a little trip...

I looked on Joe's website and his FAQ notes: "Can I schedule an on-site visit with your master tailor in my home or office? Certainly. If you have ten or more people interested in custom tailored suits, we will be happy to make the arrangements."

If we can get 8 more people in the LA area, we can drag Joe up to Los Angeles.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Well he's not that far from LA... It's worth the drive. He's moving closer to LA as well...

Just anted to mention too that the suit is fully canvased and the stitching inside is very very good... I'll get those pis up soon.

What do you want made stylewise?

Dagwood

Practically Family
Very excited to hear that Joe is moving closer to LA.

Matt Deckard said:
What do you want made stylewise?

I’m looking for a 3-piece SB peaked lapel...very similar to the one you just got from Joe. Not sure of the color or pattern. Here is an idea:
c-33%20w%20cary%20grant%202.jpg
(image taken from this thread)

Of course, I would be more than happy with this (courtesy of Howard Hughes):
sm_0321_0042.jpg

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I think I'll get a gray pinstripe in the same pattern as the black suit after I get a brown tweed patch pocket of another design on which I'm working.

I have a vintage suit that look very close to the Plaid peak three piece that Grant is wearing in that pic. I have to take pics.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Man, I'm away from a computer for five minutes (okay, it was more like a month lol ) and there's so much to catch up on here at the Lounge, I hardly know where to begin!

So I check out the Suits forum and I find Matt's later postings on this thread, showing the vest and jacket for his suit . . . superb! Simply a brilliant-looking ensemble Matt! The back of the jacket is too cool! How do you find Joe H's tailoring compared to that of Jorge Avalos?

The Senator's suit looks very 30s to my eyes. Looks great in the houndstooth. A lot of American Lounge members are going to benefit from the groundwork you're laying with My Custom Tailor, Matt, and the efforts you're making to re-introduce Golden Era tailoring principles to the company. :eusa_clap

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I should put this in General Attire and still might.

I specified these tails and had them design the collar to my specs. took a bit longer than it would have, though it's what I wanted.
This shirt is light grey. The gusset shot at the bottom is of the white shirt

IMG_0413-vi.jpg
IMG_0424-vi.jpg
IMG_0418-vi.jpg

IMG_0428-vi.jpg
IMG_0426-vi.jpg

IMG_0420-vi.jpg
IMG_0342-vi.jpg

Dagwood

Practically Family
Shirt looks great M.D.

How long are the collars? Do they have stays in them?

Keep up the inspiration!!

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Thanks... I took out the stays... I'''m not a fan of stays, to each his own... i like the floppyness.

the collars are longer than most of what you find folded and on the shelves today though shorter than some from the 30's. I'll get the measurement when I find my tape measure. I showed him a current collar and had him ad about a half inch and give it the dynamic undercurve. Next time i might go a little more accute with the points and go with a hare more length. i think what he made is great in fit. The tails are what i love. Nobody will see them though they are vintage style and what you still find on some of the Brit custom shirts, though theirs tend to be shorter nowadays.

manton

A-List Customer
Matt Deckard said:
I showed him a current collar and had him ad about a half inch and give it the dynamic undercurve.
That's what gives it a really vintage look, I think.

Me, I still prefer a medium spread:

dscn2618ze9.jpg

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I know... the spreads were popular back in the day as well. Much higher in the collar stand... Funny enough I look good in a semi spread, I just like the aesthetic of the long point.

Try finding a good point collar Freedom cuff shirt nowadays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo