Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joe Hemrajani

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I'm going to get a jacket next though I'll post this in the suits first.

From... www.mytailor.com

Finally recieved my pair of trousers from Joe Hemrajani. They are pretty much a copy of what i had made by Jorge Avalos in Long Beach thoguh with a few details different.

These photos admittedly are not some of my best though they are of a pair of trousers which I think look pretty good.

Solid black forward pleat 15-16 ounce Holland and Sherry fabric.

$300 dollars, very costly for trousers alone and the cost lies in the material primarily. Next time i'm providing my own fabric and will get a three piece suit made.

I like them. I'm a hard fit even when the tailor is on the spot.

Perhaps i'll get the high split back on my next pair.

How do you like my design (mish mash of 30's styles I like)?
IMG_8445-vi.jpg
IMG_8450-vi.jpg

IMG_8455-vi.jpg

notice the waistband dissapears under the beltloop.
IMG_8453-vi.jpg

Notice the flat feld seam contues from the on seam pocket.
IMG_8454-vi.jpg

i'll skip the rear shot for when I lose more weight.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Like I said... they are listed as 15-16 oz. Wearing them with a jacket they are very slimming. I'm going for a walk... i need to work off some weight before I go for a full suit to be made.

I still have that closet full of wrong things and clothes that are too large to wear without getting a comical look.

Feraud

Bartender
I like the pants, especially the pocket/seam treatment. Are you getting the jacket in the same fabric choice or another suit in something else?

Were you fit for the pants in person or did you send in the measurements?

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I went in to get measured. He travels the country and measures and takes photos.

I have my own material and think i'll get a suit made though want to use the same fabric as was used for the black trousers to do a jacket of my own design. First i muist make sure the jacket can be made correctly so I have spoken to Joe several times and given him a few drawings and details and let him take a few photos of vintage which I want him to copy. I'll post pics when i have it made... just want to make sue it's what I want... fit and design, no shortcuts or tailors prerogative getting in the way.

benstephens

Practically Family
They are nice trousers Matt. I think the price was quite reasonable and the weight of the fabric shows in the way they hang.

What lining did he put in?

Kind Regards

Ben

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I went with a metal zipper as the buttons for me get too tiresome to use after a while... The slide fastener (zipper) is a great invention.

They were a bit wrinkly as they came straight out of the box on my doorstep for a picture.

I went old school on these ones and i'm not a fan of lining trousers, so in the tradition of the 30's American I went with no lining.

The jacket I will have made will be a bi-swing with a skeleton lining.

If you do like the trousers put in a good word when you call up Joe Hemrajani. I'm sure he'll like the compliments.

next time I design a pair of trousers I might go an inch higher with the waist and go for a high split back.

I do like the rubber on the sides which keeps the shirt tucked.

benstephens

Practically Family
I have seen a lot of original trousers with a felt type material for keeping the shirt tucked in.

My Tailor put a half lining in my trousers, although to be honest I forgot to tell him not to. Otherwise they are very good copies of an original pair.

Kind Regards

Ben

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
The nice thing about the Hong Kong tailors is that they learned from the Brits back when they were occupied. The quality stayed though and the prices for labor stayed low. I've seen many suits from Hong Kong and if you hit the right tailor you can get the workmanship of of most $5,000.00 suits for $400.00. The best suit I have seen tailored to perfection was from Hong Kong and it was a belted pleated back jacket with many details which fit the man like... well I haven't seen anything made that well tailored since. The trousers were impeccable. I just wish I could find the number the man gave me when I asked him about his tailor.

Hopefully Joe's men can do me well. It took extra time for the trousers had some details they hadn't seen in while.

Thanks to Senator Jack for interesting me in this company. Hemrajani is very open to doing exactly what I want.

Let's just hope the public doesn't think my style too clownish when I finally get made what I want.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I'm thinking peak lapels for the matching jacket. Welt stiched edge on the lapels... perhaps patch pockets as well.

Haircut and a shave and some hair oil... remove the glasses and well...

Lively and black... Very Hollywood.

And as always... I like my armholes high.

a%20Dancing%20Lady%20Clark%20Gable%20Joan%20Crawford%20PDVD_008.jpg

gable12.jpg

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Those look smashing Matt and you've piqued my interest in looking into something like that in my quest for Perfectly Perfect Pants. For me, higher waist and a notch in the backyard.

Those are splendid.

There is a ghost of a chance I may find myself in Hong Kong later this year and it will be a "hit the tailors" jaunt.

Joe is coming to New York City Feb 19th - 23rd. Check his website. I suggest starting off with the $49 shirt or just trousers. It takes a bit of tweaking to get your measurements right, so I wouldn't start off with a full suit. (However tempting). If you do go, be sure to mention the lounge and Classic Style. (He took out an ad in the premier issue.)

Final note: just got my first tux shirt from him right before Mondo Atomic and it blows my Brooks Bros custom away.

Regards,

Senator Jack

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
He'll try to make you get four...

But, I talked him down to two. Also, for what it's worth TAKE your best fitting suit coat... especially in the sleeves... the first two shirts I ordered from him ended up being 1/2 to 3/4 too long in the sleeves.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
The process is more involved than regular made to measure from my experience and he does as much measureing as I have gottnen for bespoke. Aside from me wanting the pleats moved in a bit thr trousers are perfect. We'll see how he does with the rest of the suit.

Here is a pic of one of his made to measure suits.
Jacket looks great though the legs are a bit long on the trousers.

sphotonx0.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo