Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Juicers - Set The Juice Loose!

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Many of the cocktails I, and I imagine many other folks of The Lounge, like to drink require fresh lemon or lime juice. I've had a white plastic hand juicer for a while and am think of replacing it any thought?

#1 Similar to what I have at the moment.
whitejuicer.jpg

#2 Reamer-style
woodenjuicer.jpg

#3 Hand squeezer - just does lemons.
yellowjuicer.jpg

#4 Hand squeezer - just does limes.
limejuicer.jpg

#5 Duo hand squeezer - does both lemons and limes.
dujuicer.jpg

So what are you thoughts, I'm reluctant to go down the electric route due to it's bulk. Ideally I want something I can keep in a drawer.

Thanks - EB

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
rumblefish said:
I use your #1 for most drinks that call for just a bit of citrus, Mojitos, Margaritas, Aviations, Ti Punch, etc.

For drinks that cal for a lot of citrus I have this one;
http://www.service.braun.com/line/HH/H4161/H4161_vb.jpg
Like-Planters Punch, Caipirinhas,,, and Sunday morning OJ.;)
I can't tell you how many #3, 4, and 5s I've broken.

Thanks Rumblefish. Where is the weak point on 3, 4, 5? They were the strongest contender so far but if theirs an issue with their durability...

rumblefish

One Too Many
Ethan Bentley said:
Thanks Rumblefish. Where is the weak point on 3, 4, 5? They were the strongest contender so far but if theirs an issue with their durability...
Right where the handle meets the cup or round part, and at the hinge. They're just made of cast aluminum, I've found them to be inefficient too. With just my hands, I'm able to get quite a bit more juice out of the lemons and limes after they've been through the press.

I have seen these types offered inside of liquor boxed sets, those are the worst. One lasted two limes...:eusa_doh: :mad:

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I like the calliper hand squeezers. I purchased one made of a cast metal alloy in Mexico in the early 80s and have used regularly it ever since.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
I occasionally use the reamer, but I saw a show on FLN or Foodtv about cockatails wherein the bartender inserted fork into the half-section of lime, squeezed the lime and slipped the tines back and forth. I tried that, and, amazingly, it works quite well.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Wally_Hood said:
I occasionally use the reamer, but I saw a show on FLN or Foodtv about cockatails wherein the bartender inserted fork into the half-section of lime, squeezed the lime and slipped the tines back and forth. I tried that, and, amazingly, it works quite well.

This is what I do. I stick in the fork, squeeze, and move the handle of the fork in a circular motion. Works great!

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
BlameOnMame said:
Oh! I got a Jack Lalanne electric juicer for my birthday last year! It's a bitch to clean, but it makes such fabulous cocktails.

Ah! I've seen the commercials. I'm glad it lives up to the name. :) Also, Welcome to the Lounge - glad to see another Hendricks fan amongst us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo