Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just a few photos of A2's in Duxford

BigHairyFinn

One of the Regulars
Noticed as I was selling an A2 that I had downloaded my Duxford pics onto there.
DSCF6102.jpg DSCF6103.jpg DSCF6104.jpg DSCF6105.jpg

.. oh well, while I am at it
DSCF6060.jpg DSCF6057.jpg DSCF6135.jpg
Duxford, near Cambridge, UK - Worth a visit ;)

Last edited:

Brettafett

One Too Many
Yeah, I was there a couple of times in the past. I really liked the 55th FG jacket, the one with the yellow patch with the jaguar/ panther.

I think I recognized some Roughwears there and a Dubow. (yes, I know its hard to tell, but humour me)...
What do you guys recognize? Anything stand out?

Stand By

One Too Many
That Ju-52 stands out to me! One flew right over our house last summer - must've been on the way to Hamilton Air Museum. What a great sound ! I'd never seen one before...

I was at the Canadian Aviation and Space Museum in Ottawa at the weekend - it was my first time in there and there's some amazing stuff! (a Me-163 Komet and a He-162 Volksjager no less amongst others!!! Well worth the visit).
And a good few Irvin jackets too (2 had the Devon fleece) and a couple of RFC WW1 coats. Really nice. No A2s though.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If I remember correctly there are some RWs, a Perry, Cable and a Bronco in the display at Duxford. The late War Irvin is certainly made from long pile fleece, but whether it is from Devon sheep it is a matter for debate as so many different breeds were used to make Irvins in the War.

Stand By

One Too Many
The late War Irvin is certainly made from long pile fleece, but whether it is from Devon sheep it is a matter for debate as so many different breeds were used to make Irvins in the War.

Well, there you go, you see - you've taught me something new. (which is partly why I hang around here!).
It seems that I took the ELC website a bit too literally when I read about the write-up on the Devon-fleece type Irvin they produce - I assumed that all long pile fleece was devon fleece ... thanks for that. :)

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
There are some more to see at 100th Bomb Group at Thorpe Abbots control tower Museum, also quite near at Framlingham (Parham)control tower museum, home of the 390th Bomb Group. Both sites are in Suffolk, thorpe Abbots is the larger site with lots to look at but both have at least half a dozen A2s plus flying apparel etc. Check websites for dates open, usually Wednesdays and Sundays during the summer period, all volunteers. And if you wish to walk on some genuine untouched runway or spectacle hardstanding, Eye is also a short drive away.
J

blazerbud

One of the Regulars
Really like the A-2's.

I thought it was a Ford tri motor at first also but looked funny with the wing so low. Forgot about the Junkers plane.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24