Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just ordered: Classic Orient Bambino...One Left

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
Hello loungers,

If you are like me, you love watches. I have been looking for a classic dress watch at an affordable price. After much searching and reading, I decided on the Orient Bambino. If you like this watch, too, there is one left. Here is a link to the watch.
http://www.amazon.com/Orient-ER2400...e=UTF8&qid=1423154803&sr=8-2&keywords=bambino

I liked the simplicity, the 50's styling, and the great reviews. It is exactly what I was looking for. I think this watch would wear well with Jeans and a button down, or with a suit. What do you think? at $129, how can I go wrong?

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I have that watch and wear it as my dress watch. It's very elegant. It's a bigger watch as far as dress watches go - a similar looking vintage model would likely be 34-36 mm, and the Bambino is 40 mm. The band that comes with it isn't very high quality. It's a black cherry color that is pretty versatile, but I replaced the strap with a nicer, dark brown one. It has a 21 mm watch strap, which is an off-size, so choices are somewhat limited.

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
I have that watch and wear it as my dress watch. It's very elegant. It's a bigger watch as far as dress watches go - a similar looking vintage model would likely be 34-36 mm, and the Bambino is 40 mm. The band that comes with it isn't very high quality. It's a black cherry color that is pretty versatile, but I replaced the strap with a nicer, dark brown one. It has a 21 mm watch strap, which is an off-size, so choices are somewhat limited.
can you make an aftermarket band suggestion?

mattface

Practically Family
can you make an aftermarket band suggestion?

Yeah I have 2 orient watches. Nice watches, but I think the bands always tend to be a bit cheesy. I got a Hirsch band for my Flight, and I really like it. Feels on par with much more expensive watch bands.

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
Got my watch in the mail a couple of days ago. This watch was relatively cheap yet it is one of the most beautifully done watches that I have ever owned. Totally happy. It has a 1950s charm and a simple but elegant design. Photos don't capture the convex face or the beauty of this watch at all. And the band was not bad at all. I didn't order another band until I could see the one that came with the watch. I am completely pleased.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto