Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just Ordered...My SECOND Fedora! (Carbon Grey Akubra Federation)

RBH

Bartender
Mustang said:
AkubraFederationwithDiamondCrease.jpg

RBH, do I qualify for membership to the "Diamond Authority"?[huh] :D
Yep... you are part of the Authority now.! I like it!
Try making the side crease a little longer, that might take the height down a little.

Mustang

One of the Regulars
RBH said:

Once I have the finished product, I most certainly will!

I tried on my Akubra Sydney this morning. After having the Federation for only a few days, the shorter crown on the Sydney doesn't look right anymore. I can't believe how quickly I've become accustomed to (and prefer) the taller crown. Between these two hats, it has been a really great learning experience. Now, I believe I have a fairly good frame of reference to know what I prefer. I feel much more confident now with ordering a custom hat from Art. I'm saving up my money while I type! ;) :D

K

Kaosharper1

Mustang said:
There is a big difference in fit with the diamond crease vs the center crease. Due to the diamond crease, the hat now sits too high for my liking. When I get home tonight, I'm going to steam the center of the top of the crown, and push it up so that it'll fit lower. Hopefully that'll do the trick. I really do like the look of the diamond crease. But it currently feels like the breeze from someone walking by briskly could blow it off my head!

That's what I did with mine. I just used water rather than steam. I actually like the way it looks better that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL