Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just placed my order for an Aero Half Belt Deluxe

zigmo

New in Town
Yep, I did it!

I ordered an Aero Half Belt Deluxe in Vintage black FQHH, and decided to go with sloping chest pockets on both left and right, and button cuffs! This is based on a vintage jacket I saw a few years ago.

Sadly, I do have to wait to have it made and delivered, but I will proudly post some pictures on its arrival :eusa_clap

Chi-Town Co

Familiar Face
Congrats on the new Aero!! did you order thru Mark at Aero USA or direct thru Amanda / Will from the factory? What kind of timeframe were you given for delivery?

zigmo

New in Town
Congrats on the new Aero!! did you order thru Mark at Aero USA or direct thru Amanda / Will from the factory? What kind of timeframe were you given for delivery?

I have been talking with Amanda, who has been awesome answering the questions I've had. I did not ask for a delivery time because the website said to
expect 10 - 12 weeks.... no problem as I expect this jacket to replace my A-2 which has lasted me about 15 years ;)

Windward

Practically Family
Welcome ---and congrats!
Very good choice and nice features indeed! Its worth the waiting. . . .

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Yeah, I should imagine this is the time of year a lot of folks are beginning to think ahead about jackets for the Spring, which would be about right, I think, for a custom order.

HighandDry

A-List Customer
I don't think it matters when you order the jacket. I ordered on May 4th and was told 8 weeks. I got the Cheyenne this week!

Unfortunately, the fit was much too big, so I had to send it back for a re-size. Hopefully, it will work out this time.

zigmo

New in Town
I don't think it matters when you order the jacket. I ordered on May 4th and was told 8 weeks. I got the Cheyenne this week!

Unfortunately, the fit was much too big, so I had to send it back for a re-size. Hopefully, it will work out this time.

Did they charge you for the resize, or did you only pay for shipping?

HighandDry

A-List Customer
No charge on the resize. It was pretty obvious that it was too big.

Although shipping was 50 bucks. I guess one advantage of going via Mark is that shipping back to him would be cheaper.

zigmo

New in Town
No charge on the resize. It was pretty obvious that it was too big.

Although shipping was 50 bucks. I guess one advantage of going via Mark is that shipping back to him would be cheaper.

That's good to hear. I bought a customized Wested Indy jacket, and the body was a bit too short (due to a misjudgment on my part) and I just sucked it up... never even bothered to get it redone since the jacket was so inexpensive (beautiful jacket though).

I do intend to get the perfect Aero Half Belt though, regardless of cost and/or time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum