Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just won this

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
Nice hat. Did the seller say how wide the brim is?

I'd be interested to see how it looks on you when it arrives. You know we all expect to see pictures.

ufguy11

One of the Regulars
Hopefully I can get my digital to work to put up pics. Probably will. No worries. Also, I think the brim is 2 1/2 inches. Do y'all think I can turn it down and make it into a fedora?

Thanks,

J.J.

Very nice. I must have missed this one, which is probably just as well, since I have a black OR and "She who must be obeyed" has said "No more".

Have you noticed - that these things are like Lays potato chips - ya can't just buy one? Since the decree I've switched to hat "stuff" (crown block, brim flange, brushes, hat rack, etc.). Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize.

BigSho

Vendor
Don't turn the brim down to make it a fedora it is a beautiful homburg. Nothing beats a fine homburg and a nice suit it is one of my favorites to see on a well dressed man. You can however put some steam on the brim and give it a little dip in teh back and the front to give it a litle something extra.

Jeremy
http://www.hats-plus.com

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I saw that hat and it looks beautiful. It has a great profile,Follow your heart but I would wear for a few days to see if you like it as is. Nice hat no matter how you style it.

feltfan

ufguy11 said:
Do y'all think I can turn it down and make it into a fedora?

Ouch. It's a nice homburg with classic homburg styling
of the period. It'd be an odd brim binding for a fedora,
among other issues...

Tony in Tarzana

ufguy11 said:
Do y'all think I can turn it down and make it into a fedora?

Thanks,

J.J.

Please don't. Homburgs are rare in nice condition. Dip the brim a bit front and back if you like, that'll give it a 1920s look. Experiment with side dents also. Above all, please give it a chance.

You can't just flip the brim down, it requires some surgery on the brim binding, and I really hate seeing that done. My sincere advice is to enjoy the hat for what it is.

ufguy11

One of the Regulars
Okay, that's kind of what I was thinkin'. I've seen others do that and thought that I might try, but hearing what yall have had to say i don't think i will.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I tend to agree. If you want a fedora, buy a fedora. Don't ruin a nice homburg by making it into something it will never fully be.

Rick Blaine

Nice hat...

ufguy11 said:
...Do y'all think I can turn it down and make it into a fedora?

Thanks,

J.J.

and yeah, with a little steam & elbow grease, I think this could make a passable fedora. I know I am in the minority in expressing that opinion, but it ain't as if it has to be for permanent anyway. If you don't like it, keep fiddlin' with it till you do. These items can take abundant abuse and retain their integrity, it is difficult to ruin a fur felt (spoken by someone who has :eek: ) I forget where it is, but somewhere on an Indiana Jones gear site is an mpeg of a fella absolutely mauling a contemporary fur felt fedora to soften & facilitate a "rebash". (anyone know where this is ...Lee Kepler maybe? [huh] ) They really are quite resilient items....my .02

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Rick Blaine said:
and yeah, with a little steam & elbow grease, I think this could make a passable fedora. I know I am in the minority in expressing that opinion, but it ain't as if it has to be for permanent anyway. If you don't like it, keep fiddlin' with it till you do. These items can take abundant abuse and retain their integrity, it is difficult to ruin a fur felt (spoken by someone who has :eek: ) I forget where it is, but somewhere on an Indiana Jones gear site is an mpeg of a fella absolutely mauling a contemporary fur felt fedora to soften & facilitate a "rebash". (anyone know where this is ...Lee Kepler maybe? [huh] ) They really are quite resilient items....my .02
The link is at the bottom of the page -
http://www.adventure-supply.com/fedora.htm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats