Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

projectthx138

New in Town
Hey Guys,

Shooter wanted me to ask Patia Prouty about Raylan's hat, hat size and his boots. I also asked her if the Company In Texas made the hats for the show, so here is Patia's reply to my questions..................

Hey Rick,

I hope you had a nice thanksgiving as well! The hat season 1-6 was made by baron. It was a combination of a crown and brim from different hats. It was originally written In the story by Elmore Leonard that it was a businessmans Stetson which is not what this is. Stetson may say that it's their hat. They knocked it off a few years into justified. We used them as stunt and double hats because they were a very close duplicate to raylans custom baron hat and there is nothing wrong with that Stetson. It's just not what he wore. Season six olive hat that raylan wore was made by Nick Fouquet a wonderful Hatmaker in Venice California. I believe he wore a 71/4 long oval same as sam Elliot.

The boots we use a leather deglazer which takes all that lacquer shine off just be careful to test because you don't want to end up with too matte an appearance. Once you deglaze then we add a little polish and shine and the whole thing looks more natural.

I don't know what sites are out there so I'm not sure about the validity of the info but I'm happy to tell you what I know.

Happy holidays
Patia

So there you have it straight from the lady that dressed Tim/Raylan................... :cool:

I just want you all to know what a SWEET HEART this lady is............... :) I so hope to have drinks with her someday as I owe a lot of them................ ;)

Hope you all enjoyed the information
Rick

Shooter

New in Town
Unless maybe Baron changed their liner design at some point? I have only ever been able to find that one picture and have no idea of the vintage. One thing I do know is that at $1k+ for their RG hat I don't imagine I'll ever be able to answer that!

Thanks again to Rick, years of confusion cleared up in one simple email.

Alexander Sommerset

One of the Regulars
I have to disagree with those saying that the shot of the liner we see a few pagers back on this thread isn't a Baron liner. It looks pretty clear to me that it most certainly is a baron liner. The gold piping around the crown and the gold logo looks just like the Baron hat liner.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
They both may have gold piping and the hat may be from Baron's, but those are not pictures of the same liner.

In the shot with Olyphant holding it, the liner has some sort of large text horizontally across. I'm presuming it simply says BARON'S with a large, bold B at the left.

Whereas the shot of just the liner clearly shows a circular crest in the center.

projectthx138

New in Town
Glad you guys like the info. One thing I can say for certain is that Patia has no reason to lie about the hat. I trust her 100% when it comes to EVERYHTING that Tim/Raylan wore on the show................ :)

I think the liner in the hat in the photo could be just an older liner as it could have changed from a few years ago. If this hat from Baron is really $1K I don't know if I can justify (no pun intended...... ;)) on spending that kind of money for it BUT then again I can see me pulling the trigger if stays on my mind for to long and keeps me up late at night.

I know that the looks of the hat changed through out the years and if I could ever figure out how to post photos on here I would show you the hat that I want REALLY BAD.

Reactions: 007

Shooter

New in Town
The hat really came into it's own midway through season 2 until midway through season 4. It suddenly started to look lived in and developed it's own unique character with dents in the back of the crown and the pinch that just got greater with time. Hell, by the start of season 3 it had enough personality that it should have been listed on the opening credits. Then somewhere around the Hatchet Tour episode in season 4 it was either reblocked or replaced and never looked as good again

projectthx138

New in Town
I'm pretty sure they used several different style of hats on the show. If someone could please tell me how to post photos from my computer to this page I will show you different hats that Raylan wore. ;) Just so everyone knows, I am NOT very TECH savoy..... :oops:

El Zipster

New in Town
I'm pretty sure they used several different style of hats on the show. If someone could please tell me how to post photos from my computer to this page I will show you different hats that Raylan wore. ;) Just so everyone knows, I am NOT very TECH savoy..... :oops:

Go here http://tinypic.com/?t=postupload
upload your photo and then copy and paste the link into your post.
Works perfectly every time.
Cheers
Zip

projectthx138

New in Town
Why oh why can't I get my photos to upload???? :mad:

I am using the http://tinypic.com/?t=postupload site, uploading the photo and the using everything they are giving me on this site to try and upload my photo/photos but nothing is working............... :mad:

Did I ever tell you guys how much I HATE computers??? :eek:

projectthx138

New in Town
Figured it out................. :D

OK, this is my FAVORITE Raylan Hat....................

raylan-whistle-past-the-graveyard-with-hat_zpsg51mv4os.jpg

I have Many photos of different hats that Raylan has worn through the series but this one is my favorite.......... :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch