Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KEN Magazine, 1938 -

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I've gotten hold of a copy of volume 1, Issue one of KEN Magazine from April 7th, 1938.

Authors include Ernest Hemingway, John L. Spivak, many others of note. Articles are mainly focused on the gathering Axis power, and are astonishing for their time, giving us a look at what people were thinking about the events that would carry the U.S. into WWII. One article is centered on the worldwide threat of Syphilis, and how it might be eradicated (Mercury salve!).
Also many, many great ads. A high end semi-monthly from the publishers of Esquire.

It was published for a short period in the late 1930's. Issues turn up on Ebay at good prices. I was really glad to get a pristine copy of the first issue.
"Ken" refers to being "in the ken" or "in the know"
Scans are chopped - the magazine is huge and won't fit in the scanner.
Some samples (see the ad for that nifty contraption called a ZIPPER - a TALON no less):

KenCover.JPG

article.JPG

zipper.JPG

Sachet

Familiar Face
Nice magazine! :)

You always find the best deals and the most fascinating Vintage items on ebay. You need to teach me how you do that. :)

Have you considered taking a picture of all of your vintage items and sharing them in the Lounge? Hmmmmmmmm?

That would be interesting. Especially if you add a brief history about them. Also, what your favorites are and why?

Just an... idea. [angel]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass