Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Knitted trousers?

sproily

Practically Family
This picture is a still from a 30's Finnish film. Doesn't it look like he's wearing knitted trousers? The trousers don't have center creases, which would make it even more probable.

Meid%C3%A4n%20poikamme%20ilmassa%20%283%29.jpg

Has anyone else run into something like this?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Armani offered something similar many years ago. Of course they're more common in womenswear.

Edward

Bartender
Puts me in mind of a heavy, outerwear version of thermal longjohns. Not sure that's accurate, though, as if they were heavy trews designed for very cold weather, I'd be surprised if that pair could stand there without winter coats on. They may be inside, but even inside in an airhanger in Winter would surely be cold.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I don't think that it would be all that difficult to have something similar made up. You'd probably want to use merino or maybe even cashmere for comfort.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I have a pair of vintage knitted plus fours. I believe they are from the 50s. They were unworn when I bought them more than twenty years ago and fit like they were made for me.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's a little off topic but do you have more finnish 30s movies? are they avaivable online too? I don't mind if I don't understand a word. I am already used to it :p

Mangrove

One of the Regulars

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Kiitos. Short movies are perfect. Fun to watch this home made fashion show. Some of the models are so shy. Not like in finland of the modern days. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn