Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Knox Twenty Five Heads Up

Nick Charles

Practically Family
Thanks a bunch, I had already bid on the hat and now I have the question out to the seller about any holes. His description doesn't say "holes" How bad were the bites, I can live with nicks here and there.

astaire

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the warning

i see these OR-looking hats from time to time. Considering their original prices, this is a $25 and i saw a dobbs forty a couple of weeks ago, i thought they were a bit expensive for a hat without the cavanagh edge.

is there a reason why these hats were so highly valued then?

Thanks all.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
eight bucks is a pretty good price for any hat in my book. Though I don't know about the whole homburg/ beater dichotomy

Kilroy

New in Town
Nick,
When someone advertises an old item as ''in new condition,'' I always take that to mean the item
is in excellent condition. Not really like new, but nice. The only thing that can ever be ''new'' is new.

Before I asked for a refund, I asked myself this question. How much would I have paid for this hat if I
had seen it in person? The answer is I would of passed.
I could of cleaned it up and brushed and sanded, and blended in most of the moth bites. I might of even
worked up some kind of felt putty to fill in the big holes, but, that's not what I agreed to buy. It wasn't
worth it to me. There are too many other good hats to be had.

If you have the time, you may make a nice hat out of it. I hope you do.

Best regards,

Kilroy

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
ASK ASK ASK

I have experienced the same horror, when the hat was described as "wonderful". Wonderful what? Ventilated?

"You are bidding on this Long Oval Rim Hat size 7 1/8. It is in new condition. It was made by Knox Twenty-Five of Knox New York for Joske's of Texas. Good Luck and happy bidding."

This is bad, and I can't say "intentional". Some, ok, MANY people just DON'T know SQUAT about hats. To them, they were honestly describing it. What? It was not worn out like a shirt, or old socks? Hats? what are those?

Again, and I have posted this again and again, ASK if there is damage to the hat with mothing or other problems.

From the picture associated with this hat, you can see the the liner is stained, and the sweatband "band" is worn. RED FLAG.

i just had the same thing happen with a Mallory. Arrived with at least 2 large holes right through the felt, and much moth trailing etc ...

"This is a hat in excellent condition in its original box and even has the original receipts/order forms ... "

oh well. live and learn. I've never had problems with sellers when i try to return something ...

bk

Nick Charles

Practically Family
Well I got the hat. I really don't have a problem with the condition. I had my wife look at it and she harly noticed the bites. There is one that is penpoint size but not really that bad.(No offense to Kilroy) I like the hat and will wear it often. Hell I would have paid $20 in a store if I looked at it first. Nice leather, soft and pliable no wear on it. I'll get some pics this weekend.

Feraud

Bartender
I am glad you are happy with the hat. I do not mind a moth bite here or there but sellers should really inform themselves to what "like new" means.

Mr. Sable

A-List Customer
I reckon there ain't nuthin' wrong with a few moth bites...

1BevHillbillies12.jpg

...as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

"..."​

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart