Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kudos to Wested!

Woodfluter

Practically Family
My public thanks to Mr Botwright and all the other good people at Wested Leather for a fine product and excellent service.

On April 10, at around 1930 English time (past closing), I e-mailed my order for a goatskin Indy jacket, standard not custom. To my astonishment, it arrived on the afternoon of April 15, its transatlantic journey completed in less time than it often takes for local mail.

I almost couldn't believe there was a leather jacket in that bag - it was so light and compact. On opening it up, I could see that the workmanship was flawless, the leather of very good quality, being thicker and seemingly much tougher than lambskin but oh so much lighter than my cowhide jackets; weighed in at 2 lb 14 oz in size 40, but *feels* lighter than that.

The fit is perfect. Size 40 off the rack usually works for me, and my principal concern with ordering a non-custom made was the length of the sleeve - but that turned out to be exactly right. Doesn't hang too low, doesn't ride up too high, room enough to wear a fleece vest underneath in cold weather.

After ordering the "standard" online, I had some concerns about the lining - couldn't tell from the website. I prefered cotton in the body (or something similar) and acetate in the sleeves. I hoped for the best. It arrived with acetate sleeves and a polyester body lining that felt like cotton but is probably better wearing and quicker drying. Good!

This gives a good idea of the actual color and texture:

Fantastic service and great product! I'd recommend them...not as somebody trying to look like Indiana Jones, but as someone who's been looking for a design like this, well executed, for years.

- Bill

WhiskeyTangoFox

One of the Regulars
Congratulations

That goatskin really looks buttery soft. It looks like a very comfortable jacket. I hope you give it a lot of wear time. Thanks for posting pictures.

Regards,

Noel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred