Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies Globe Trotting Hat?

What do you think of this as a Ladies Globe Trotting Hat?

• I love your fashion style, let's do it baby!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oh no! Too dainty for me!

• For a 2 second photo I can go either way.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ada Veen

Practically Family
(action film voice) I HAVE THE HAT!

I have a guest this weekend but will try and get something up at the beginning of next week. Squee!

Ada Veen

Practically Family
Ok, took some photos yesterday will try and get them up tonight - they are on flatmates camera so will have to get that off him first. :)

Ada Veen

Practically Family
I was holding onto it as had a place I wanted to take more pictures, but am having trouble finding a willing photographer :(

I might just have to give up and send it back, rats.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
European ladies, your PRIZES (yes, more than one ;) ) are now sitting on my dining room table and are asking me when they are going to meet you. :D

They will be shipped off to you by next Wednesday. Stay tuned.

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

Prizes on their way

Well, I've been busy with work and will be a ghost here for the next couple weeks. Here's a quickie update:

All European Ladies (except Ada Veen): Your prizes finally shipped last night. They were delayed due to the odd size and shape. ;) You will be receiving 2 Prizes (one major, one minor) plus the Globe-Trotting bonus prize plus something small I added. The note enclosed explains it all. Ada Veen, you are already aware your gift is shipping late, but I've got things under control and it should be shipped soon.

Since the European ladies had different prizes than the American ladies, I'd like to make a special request that they take pics of their major prizes, as they are quite special, I think. You'll know it when you see it.

Ada Veen will hold the hat, and we will have an auction for charity. She will than kindly ship the hat to the winner.

Stay tuned!

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

Bonus Prize Reveal

I'm hoping by this time all the ladies have received their prizes.

It's been fun to sponsor the Globe Trotting Hat around the world. I've sent out prize packages to approximately 25 beautiful ladies. I'm hoping many of them enjoyed their prizes and will post pictures for others to enjoy.

One of the things I offered at the beginning of this venture was a Bonus Prize for ladies that took their photos and posted them within a week. So, the question is, what was the Bonus Prize?

About a week before the contest started, I ran into a dressmaker in town who was shutting down her shop. She sold me her vintage millinery veil on the condition I share it with the Ladies of the Lounge. :) As each lady posted her photo, I included some millinery veil for her to enjoy in her prize package. I'm not sure, but it might have been silk veiling.

I also inlcuded a wild turkey feather for ladies to show off in their hats.

Until I get things organized for the hat auction, I'll leave things to the ladies to reveal their prizes.

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

Don't give up

kerry said:
I havent received anything in the post :( I bet its been lost.

Don't give up hope for quite a few more weeks.

First of all, I sent your prizes weeks later than promised. Also, your package was an odd shape and size, meaning it gets delayed because it has to be hand-stamped and hand-passed onto the next destination.

I have NEVER had a package lost yet, and have shipped many items for decades.

Keep the faith in the postal service and think happy thoughts.

Vintage Betty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo