Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LADIES hats: The Casablanca Hat & The Third Man Fedora

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Good evening Ladies. I wonder if I could get any assistance in a search.

I've been on a bit of a search for two unique hats from two unique movies.....The Hat in which Ingrid Bergman wears at the airport as Humphrey Bogart says his famous line, and the hat in which Alida Valli wears often through out Orson Welles' The Third Man. Both are very much like a fedora, but really I don't know what to call them.

But what I'm asking is, where can I find them? I do know of the cases of a reproduction at a hat maker, but first I want to see if the two hats are being made to sell.

Here they are:

casablancaphoto.jpg

More photos from the Third Man since I have the movie. :p

thirdmanhat1.jpg

thirdmanhat2.jpg

thirdmanhat3.jpg

I might have to look more at the movie to find a better angle of the crown of Alida Valli's hat, but maybe not.

I am sure they exist, but no direction to turn, but I hope you ladies can help me dearly on these finds, they might turn out to be as gifts for someone. :)

Honey Doll

Practically Family
our own deco doll has just made me the casablanca hat! it's currently on route. i've seen a pic already and it is spot on! i'll post my pic tomorrow.

Honey Doll

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Honey Doll said:
our own deco doll has just made me the casablanca hat! it's currently on route. i've seen a pic already and it is spot on! i'll post my pic tomorrow.

Honey Doll

that sounds great to me. I'll be looking forward to the photo. My question still hasn't been answered, though. :p

I hope the hero of the day gives a visit here.

:D

Honey Doll

Practically Family
let's see if this works

let me see if I can post this pic...

somehow I can't get it to upload... I'll try to get this on.

Honey Doll

maisie

Practically Family
Oh i would love to see a picture i love the hat from Casablanca it has such style!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
As far as I can tell when the crown is taller it's just called a "Fedora". I went through all my fashion history books dealing with the period (which admittedly are not many for the 40's) and that's all I could find for something that resembled these hats. If anyone else has any information I would like to know as well.

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Duane

thefedorastore said:
Thanks, I did find one of our Milliner's that is able to duplicate the hat.
Duane 866-433-3672

Will you be offering it thru the shop? Can you tell us how much it would be?

Thanks

Honey Doll

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
catsmeow said:
I can't believe it! I'm also looking for this style hat as well. Dolores Moran wears a great hat in "To have and have not". Noone seems to know what it's called. I thought it might be called a "slouch" but been told it's different to the "casablanca-Ingrid Bergman' hat.

Here is a link to a pic of Dolores Moran with the mysterious hat!!

http://imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1079/Mptv/1079/5983-0008.jpg.html?hint=tt0037382

Hello,

I have been looking for such a hat too.

catsmeow

One of the Regulars
LadyDeWinter said:
Hello,

I have been looking for such a hat too.

If i find out the actual name I will let you know. I have tried ebay and vintage shops but no luck. I guess something similar would be just as good.
Good luck in finding one as well!:)

melankomas

One of the Regulars
if i correctly recall, the Warner Brothers Museum in Burbank has the costumes from Casablanca. i shall contact them tomorrow, if i get a chance, and ask them about the hat. i'm not certain they've that hat on display, but it's the best i can think to start, to find a definitive name for the style.

catsmeow

One of the Regulars
melankomas said:
if i correctly recall, the Warner Brothers Museum in Burbank has the costumes from Casablanca. i shall contact them tomorrow, if i get a chance, and ask them about the hat. i'm not certain they've that hat on display, but it's the best i can think to start, to find a definitive name for the style.
Thank you. That would be fantastic to find out. Looking forward to your reply!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou