Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies Jackets

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
marcj1120214080_94x185.jpg
I've really liked the looks and explanations of these...
Ladylike

Glam slam; Look for feminine flourishes like puffy shoulders, poet collars and peplums. Go girlie with an Empire dress, or go chic with a pencil skirt.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
image1.jpg
Classic
Blazing Blazers; One and two-button jackets strike a sophisticated note in tonal stripes and soft white or blush. Wear them with sharp trousers, a slim skirt or over a dress. Bottom heavy? Choose a longer length. Busty? A narrower lapel works best.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Cropped
On top of it; Honey, I shrunk the...you know. Wear over jeans and a longer shirt or a dress. Go buttonless if you're full-bosomed. Pair with a dark bottom if you're pear shaped.
0466459126713_150x150.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I like boat neck jackets.

wpt23370vogue1117.jpg

wpt50s25972advance8207.jpg

Matter of fact, I finally put together a lovely wool sweater/jacket with a boat neck from some amazing Italian wool I got for a song! My dilemma is to figure out what Im gonna close it with...

LD

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I don't think jackets ever really go out. They're not always trendy, though. Single-breasted jackets in traditional cuts and colors are always acceptable, especially in business. I do think that the trendier jackets are a pale imitation of vintage ones, though.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It seems that this season, more so than any I remember, the focus is on 1950's and late 1940's. I found some direct copies of late 1920's early 1930's in Macy's! two nights ago for as little as $175 for beaded dresses.

There are usually indicators of the retro era throughout the year, but I don't remember seeing so many direct copies as I do for this fall. I also saw a short brim man's fedora (of course a gorgeous woman in 1950's-era styling was hanging on his arm in a car) in a picture in the local paper two days ago for a real estate (?) pull-out. I'll post it if interested, but let me know soon. The recycling gets picked up tomorrow.

Ladies, haul out your vintage and wear with pride for Fall Fashion Season!

Vintage Betty

Sunny

One Too Many
Vintage Betty said:
I also saw a short brim man's fedora (of course a gorgeous woman in 1950's-era styling was hanging on his arm in a car) in a picture in the local paper two days ago for a real estate (?) pull-out. I'll post it if interested, but let me know soon. The recycling gets picked up tomorrow.

*waves* I want to see!

Sunny

One Too Many
Aww! Her hair's all modern, but it's cute! I can't see the sleeves really well, but they look like the short gathered-cap sleeve of the late 1930s and early 1940s. She's pointing her toes, too. Big 1950s thing there. :D

The headline doesn't hurt a bit, either. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran