Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LADIES of the Lounge Calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
LolitaHaze said:
Bwhahaha I wouldn't go that far. I just reread what I wrote and I know I have many many grammical errors in there. Hahahaha

Lolita Haze, I don't always agree with what you write, but I always admire your confidence, spunk and sense of humor. :)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
LolitaHaze said:
Ok... feel free to argue with me now and slam me. I am off and will return later.

Oh c'mon Lolita, you have many outlets available to you for posting your photos for men to fawn over. I'm sure it'll be fine if the Lounge isn't made to be one of them. I just don't feel that this should be the place for it - there's already a little much of it here for many loungers' tastes, and I know there are at least a few people here who feel that the Lounge could be a little classier than that.

As if the regular photo threads aren't annoying enough. It's the one place where many revert back into annoying, driveling flattery.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
PrettySquareGal said:
Personally I think it's just bad form (forum, too) to start discussing openly about who is the best looking. It's all subjective, anyway.

Agreed. It's bad form. Right up there with "Who's Your Favorite Lounger."

It's not about hurt feelings, it's about etiquette.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
LolitaHaze said:
So what if a few gals aren't chosen as beauty queens... each of us gals have something either important to offer here or learn here. Some of us rule in the brain and knowledge departments, some of us rule in the beauty department, and some of us rule in the creativity department. Lucky for me, I rule all three... just teasing, folks. My point is, you can't always be the star of the show -- you got to get over it -- especially since this is THE INTERNET! If someone is going to feel hurt over this, that is their insecurities.

Stop being so sensative especially when this isn't even happening.

Ok... feel free to argue with me now and slam me. I am off and will return later.

Frankly, Lo, easy for you to say when you know you'll be one of the "chosen." Edit: and I mean that in the least nasty way possible.

V

VargasBaby

Everyone here is making very valid and applicable points, on all sides.

Personally I haven't posted pics of myself mainly cause I have nothing that's 'vintage' to do so and that is what I feel this place is supposed to be about. I'm still 'new' to this and there for dont feel its right for me to go 'displaying' myself. Yet. ;) This is also the reason why I wouldnt be contributing to any such calendar were it to become an actuality.

People are making valid points about this being an idea or project for the fun of it. Something which may or may not ever happen.

People are also making valid points in that it shouldnt become a popularity contest, nor should it claim to be 'official' until those in charge of this board deem it a proper and good idea to be endorsed.

First off, everyone breathe. :)

Some potential ideas:

We figure a way for everyone that -wants- to be involved to be, or it doesnt happen and we close the threads. If there are those that wish not to be involved, then there is no need for them to be. Neither 'side' of the equation should be upset with the other.

We figure out a way to make it to the standards of this establishment. We make it classy and fun.

I would also suggest, if this WERE to come about as an actual 'product' in any manner, that all proceeds go to a charity of the establishments choice. If we're going to do this at all, let it benefit more then just those of us of either sex on this board.

Otherwise...lets drop it for both the guys and gals and just stick to the frivoloty of the Men & Women of the Lounge threads.

My two cents at least....;)

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Frankly, Lo, easy for you to say when you know you'll be one of the "chosen." Edit: and I mean that in the least nasty way possible.

I'd vote for you as one of the "chosen" if that counts for anything. (Miss haze, too !)

Foofoogal

Banned
As the probably oldest most conservative member of this completely unique place I would like to suggest different calendars.
Since I have seen nothing I would call grossly risque as the FL rules make sure of this how about a:
1. Cupcake type calendar done tastefully. (for lack of better word)
2. Girls with guns calendar.lol
3. Vintage dressed ladies calendar etc.

Each individual could make the decision as to if they wanted to be included.

I have been stunned by some of the photography and clothing pictured and I think it is a swell idea.
Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. Selling with proceeds to favorite charity would be a great idea as well but I am not sure if we could come to agreements on which.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
back to square one

There is no official 'lounge calendar' without the Lounge (read MK) deciding its okay and being involved.

Much like with pins, hats, ties...etc.....all has to go through him.

So while its a great hoot of fun to 'what if'....

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Let's have both calenders.

LadiesoftheLounge.jpg

Menofdalounge.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Ladies and Gentlemen, this was funny in the beginning when a few folks were joking around late in the evening.

However, in the light of day, it's developing a bad after taste.

Time to catch up elsewhere.

Foofoogal

Banned
I must be completely missing something. [huh]

Why would anyone assume it would be a beauty contest or anyone would be hurt?
I personally don't even like roses but think pansies, hollyhocks and gardenias are fabulous.
Once again beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Found that out when I was 16 and a guy dumped me for a lot bigger woman. Seems he liked big girls and I wasn't one. Fine and dandy as I found one who liked me for me.
I enjoy seeing everyones picture and especially vintage ones. Just look around in a mall. Surely people of so many different everythings seem to find someone eventually to their taste.

VargasBaby, FFG, you both raise good points, which were some of what I was thinking when I made the comment that led to Zaika's thread and this one, although it now seems a little late-night humor has departed from the limits of taste.

While you two have taken the "high road"--I applaud you for it:eusa_clap--it seems that a lot of others are not, and I'm almost to the point of being ready to call in a Bartender to nuke my own thread.

Let's keep it polite, tasteful, and back away from each other's throats, y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy