Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies who use Dream Matte Mousse foundation

Emer

One of the Regulars
Have you had an issue with their colors?

I bought some yesterday in the lightest color they have (the Light Ivory 0) and when I used it today, it made me look yellow! :rage: Normally I always buy the light ivory color in foundation, but this was just odd. I've always thought ivory was more of a pink hue. Anyone else have a problem with this?

I loved the way it felt on my skin, so I do want to try again. But I don't want to keep spending $8 a pop to choose the wrong colors over and over.

Just wondering if anyone else had to choose a color that wasn't their norm?

Thanks!

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Emer said:
Have you had an issue with their colors?

I bought some yesterday in the lightest color they have (the Light Ivory 0) and when I used it today, it made me look yellow! :rage: Normally I always buy the light ivory color in foundation, but this was just odd. I've always thought ivory was more of a pink hue. Anyone else have a problem with this?

I loved the way it felt on my skin, so I do want to try again. But I don't want to keep spending $8 a pop to choose the wrong colors over and over.

Just wondering if anyone else had to choose a color that wasn't their norm?

Thanks!

I actually picked up their Natural Ivory (03) i think. It was a perfect match and that never happens for me on the first try. I haven't noticed any odd coloring shifts with mine. Every make-up company has a different color variation for each name so one ivory in, say, CG might be much lighter or have more pink then the ivory in L'Oreal.
If you bought it at Rite-Aid ( I can't see where your from, sorry) you can return it. Hopefully, it works out for you.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Most foundations that have two very pale ones will call the yellow one ivory, and the pink one something else...after all, ivory is a very pale yellow in real life. I just checked the piano keys...

Do they have another very pale one?

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
I always find it much too dark for my skin - it's a shame though because I love the texture of it... I'm just too pale xx

Emer

One of the Regulars
Miss 1929 said:
Do they have another very pale one?

Looks like they have an Ivory 1; looks like it has a bit more pink in it (which is what usually looks good on my skin). I think if I strike out with this one, I'll just call it a wash and stick with my current stuff!

Thanks ladies!

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
The reason why many mainstream (consumer) makeup companies produce lots of yellow-based foundations is because most women tend to have warm undertones. They will usually have one or two shades that are truly pink-based.

If you have a CVS near you, the last time I was there I could have sworn they had a booklet to help you match your skintone at their display. Perhaps this would help you in your quest for the perfect match :)

mentha

Familiar Face
I'd like to try it, but after having had an allergic reaction to one of Maybelline's mascaras (the pink and green tube), I tend to stay away from the entire brand...

KateSpenser

New in Town
Foundation

I use maybelline pure make-up and dream mousse foundation. I like both but not LOVE!

You might wanted to try for L'Oreal true match. I had an allergic reaction but alot of people I know use it and like it. Before my skin rash broke out, it was the best my skin looked and it matched perfectly.

Wish I could find a drugstore one I love :(

Antje

One Too Many
I have the lightest shade maybeline silky?? foundation, It sais it gives an airbrush finish, I love it, it is really working, it is also ivory coloured, but not yellow on my skin

Tourbillion

Practically Family
I bought the Dream Mousse in Classic Ivory (2), though this isn't my usual foundation or shade. It seems to match ok, this is their pink ivory shade I think. I usually get porcelain ivory shades, so maybe I thought their shade in this foundation was too yellow.

I have been using the porcelain ivory shade in their mineral power liquid foundation, and it is a pretty good match. I also like it better than the dream mousse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner