Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies with cigarettes

P

Paul

It's been a long time since I contributed anything to this thread so I decided to add a two photos of myself.

smoking.jpg

Geesie

Practically Family
randooch said:
How it looks is one thing, but I found out the hard way how true it is that "kissing a smoker is like licking a dirty ashtray." Blech!

I discovered years ago that if the kiss is good enough, the cigarette is easily ignored.

Happily, this isn't an issue as my wife does not smoke.

NicknNora

A-List Customer
Nick and I are both unrepentant smokers.

I want to try these very classy looking cigarettes.

Nat Sherman's Black and Gold

Black%20and%20Gold.jpg

Nat Sherman's Fantasia

42.jpg

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
Caity Lynn said:
I also hate tobacco, chew or snuff, Oh it drives me CRAZY watching people spit all over the place, have some decency and if yu must do tobacco guys, smoke a PIPE that SMELLS GOOD.

Ditto!!! :eusa_clap My mister has been good enough to confine his cigarette smoking to the garage when at home, but I do give the nod to his pipe or a nice cigar indoors. It's funny, I didn't notice how much our clothes and old house smelled like stale smoke, but once we moved, it became very, very obvious. Which reminds me, I have to take our overcoats to be cleaned soon.

P

Paul

Helysoune said:
Ditto!!! :eusa_clap My mister has been good enough to confine his cigarette smoking to the garage when at home, but I do give the nod to his pipe or a nice cigar indoors. It's funny, I didn't notice how much our clothes and old house smelled like stale smoke, but once we moved, it became very, very obvious. Which reminds me, I have to take our overcoats to be cleaned soon.

I take it Helysoune that you not a smoker just your other half?

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
Used to be, but I quit when I found out I was pregnant. Now that it's been five or six months since then and I'm getting close to the end, I'm not planning to pick it back up again after the baby's born. It's probably mostly the hormones, but I can't really stomach the smell of smoke anymore, so it's had kind of an aversion effect...type...thingie...

GlamourDoll

Familiar Face
Caity Lynn said:
Unless they're dressed in VERY nice clothes, or using the long handled cigarette holders,or looking very vintagey, I think it looks pretty trashy, :eek: and I have entirely too many friends who smoke. But that's just my opinion

I also hate tobacco, chew or snuff, Oh it drives me CRAZY watching people spit all over the place, have some decency and if yu must do tobacco guys, smoke a PIPE that SMELLS GOOD.:rage:

*pet peeves :eek: lol :rolleyes:

I use to smoke when I was younger. After high school I dropped the habit cold turkey. The was prob the worst thing to do cause I mostly just crave it whenever I see someone else smoking but can't stand the smell. Occasionally, I will have a cigarette in my vintage cigarette holder but I agree with Caity Lynn. It does look trashy outside of those circumstances and is disgusting when chewed.

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
I know this is a bit :eek:fftopic: but sometimes the only reason i'll smoke is so a nice fellow can light it for me, i always feel incredibly guilty and wretched after i've bought a pack so it happens rarely.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
NicknNora said:

Nat Sherman's Black and Gold

Black%20and%20Gold.jpg

Black and Golds are DELICIOUS!

That said, I am on smoke free day 3 after smoking for around 15 years. I love smoking. I love the taste and the feel of it. What I do not like is how, since my 30th birthday, I freak out every time I look in the mirror and see all those tiny little wrinkles I'm starting to get! I've also started to realize as I see my friends age that the ones that look the best are the non-smokers. I also need to do whatever I can at this point in time to improve my roller derby performance.

TallulahDahling

New in Town
Mike in Seattle said:
:eek:fftopic:
Was it Tallulah Bankhead or Marlene Dietrich who said, after being asked if she smoked after sex, "I don't know, dahling...I've never bothered to look." lol

Sorry, I couldn't resist... ;)

I thought it was Mae West--regardless it's a great quote! :)

Phineas Lamour

Practically Family
NicknNora said:
Nick and I are both unrepentant smokers.

Nat Sherman's Fantasia

42.jpg

There is a pipe shop in town that sells the Fantasias. I don't know about the Black and Gold. I wish they sold the Fantasias in single color packs instead of just assorted. I have an awesome red tie that would look good with a whole pack of red cigarettes.

Flashsun

New in Town
Hmmm...

Probably not Her Majesty's most flattering portrait, I should think, HadleyH :)

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but I have to throw it in regardless.

How about that scene in Bladerunner where Sean Young is being interviewed by Harrison Ford? Thanks to Young's fantastic makeup, hairstyle and costume, combined with Ridley Scott's use of lighting, it would have to go down as my all time favourite movie scene featuring ladies with cigarettes...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass