Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lady Luck Vintage

maisie

Practically Family
Back last year I purchased 2 suits of a seller on ebay called ladyluckvintage, i have been trying to get in contact with her because the suits never arrived and she said that they had arrived back with her after Royal mail had posted them back to her and that she was going to post them out again. The email address i have isn't working and she is no longer registered on ebay, so i was wondering if anyone on here knows of another email address or any other way i can get in contact?

MissHuff

A-List Customer
Sounds suspicious to me. Sorry you're having so much trouble on the bay.
That's why I look more than buy and am suspicious when I do. Best of luck to you in trying to get this worked out.

Madison Paige

Familiar Face
Did you pay with PayPal? If so, put in a "Item Not Received" dispute through Ebay and then that will also take you to PayPal to set up a dispute through them as well. Even though they're no longer registered under Ebay, PayPal still will have their account information and if they are unable to provide proof that they sent it out, PayPal will actually pull the money that you gave them out of the seller's bank account. So hopefully your purchase was through PayPal and not a Money Order or something else of the sort. I hope this was of some help to you! Good luck with all of this, I really hope it all works out for you. Ebay is so wonderful, but can be such a pain at times!!

-Madison

jugband1

New in Town
agreed! I hope you went through paypal...I am always suspicious if someone wants cash or money order only---it is a red flag. I know it costs the seller a little to use paypal, but it saves everyone a lot of hassles too.

best of luck! hope it all works out.:rolleyes:
kate

KaitlynDawn

New in Town
Yeah, I have a gripe with sellers who don't use PayPal because it costs them money. If they sold in a shop, they would be paying RENT, which is much more expensive in the long run. I espeshally hate it when sellers direct you to a website that is similar to PayPal, but makes YOU pay the fees. Grrrr!!! Okay, end of rant. :) I hope you get your Ebay stuff straightened out, sounds like a dishonest seller to me!

Kaitlyn

GOK

One Too Many
Oh, don't even get me started on that whole Paychum fees thing. Why is it that the majority of people want something for nothing? I have no objection to PP fees, Ebay fees, (paying taxes, national insurance etc) et al. I get a good service which makes my life and that of those I do business with much easier, so why should I not pay for it? I rarely deal with people that refuse to use Paychum.

Getting back on topic; Maisie, how long has it been? You only have a finite amount of time in which to make a claim. Even though she is no longer registered, you should still be able to look at her feedback. Has she received a lot of negatives since you made your purchase? The other thing you could do (and I'm not sure this is entirely ethical) is contact some of her other buyers to see if they have any way of getting in touch with her.

Viviene

Vendor
Just wondered where the Lady Luck Vintage that you dealt with was located (country, state, etc.) The reason I ask is that there have been several with that name on Ebay so that would help in locating the correct one. If you know that information they might still be around under that name but just not on Ebay. Why not try looking at Wagglepop or some of the other sites. :)

maisie

Practically Family
Thanks for all of your suggestions, Paypal only allows you to claim for up to 45 days after paymnet, and this has been longer, due to all the posting and reposting.
This dealer was located in the US, but is now no longer registered with ebay and the email address no longer works.:( If anyone does know of a different email address for this seller or another way to contact them that would be great!!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Sounds an awful lot like a book dealer I bought from, she vanished from the site one day and I got no replys to my messages, a little while later she had page after page of negative feedback. Needless to say I didn't get my book.

I had a second scare like that over significantly more money, but the seller was on the up and up, and I got my pieces, it just took a long time.

I hope yours turns out alright though, you can't really tell sometimes anymore.

Sunny

One Too Many
maisie said:
Thanks for all of your suggestions, Paypal only allows you to claim for up to 45 days after paymnet, and this has been longer, due to all the posting and reposting.
This dealer was located in the US, but is now no longer registered with ebay and the email address no longer works.:( If anyone does know of a different email address for this seller or another way to contact them that would be great!!

Maisie, on another forum there was a long discussion about a historical seamstress/pattern drafter who was extremely non-cooperative. Long story short, but a number of the women who dealt with her went to Paypal even well after the 45-day expiration and eventually got their money back. If possible, it's also very good to get corroborating evidence from other buyers. I don't see any ethical issues in contacting them to find out.

If you want, I can hunt up the discussion and try to find out more specifically what they did.

Brooksie

One Too Many
Maisie, I know that there is a Vintage Clothing shop in Portland Oregon by the name of Lady Luck Vintage but I do not know if they are related to the one you are talking about though. If you want to check them out I could get there info for you?

Brooksie

artizania

New in Town
I think I know the seller you are referring to - she is very professional and reputable. I know she went through a whole load of hassle with ebay over her ID - because it was her e.mail or website addy - and she was continually being NARU because of it.

I understand she now operates with a different ID on ebay because of all the trouble she had. I've dropped her a note referring her to this thread in the hopes you can get things sorted out.

Margaret

artizania

New in Town
I've heard back from her!! - her new eBay ID is damafortuna. Seems that when ebay took her old ID off her, they also removed all information regarding sales etc - and then her Mac died!! - so she was unable to contact you.

She has asked me to pass on her new e.mail addy to you -

damafortunavintage@yahoo.com

Hope this helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21